Career Advising Services
Make use of overseas internship opportunities to define your future!
In 2017, 2016 & 2015 summer, over 90 students interned in Dublin, London, Berlin, Munich, Bremen, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Barcelona, Seville, Cadiz, Bergen, Paris, Kaunas (Lithuania), Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Auckland and the USA via our cooperation with the following Working Partners in bringing more internship locations and industry choices to Lingnan full-time undergraduate students. All undergraduate students from all disciplines and all years are welcome to apply.
To support students' personal and career development, we provide subsidies for students to participate in overseas internship programmes. Although the subsidy may not be enough to cover the full programme fee and expenses, we hope it would be a good encouragement to students in venturing out of Hong Kong and Asia, and see the world!
Our Featured Overseas Internship Programmes
Intern in Ireland, UK, France, Germany,
Intern in Australia, Spain, USA
CareerDC takes you on a work
Gain front-line operation and customer
Spend a summer in Barcelona for a
Vytautas Magnus University brings you
* Apart from Work Holiday in Australia & New Zealand, students are asked to apply directly with our internship working partners.
Subsidy to Students
1. Bloom of Youth (BY): HK$16,000 (max. subsidy) per student for no-pay internship
2. Next Step Connections (NSC): HK$16,000* (max. subsidy) per student for no-pay internship
3. VMU Summer Internship in Lithuania: HK$15,500 (max. subsidy per student for 5-week internship)
4. WONE Summer Internship in Spain: HK$16,000 (max. subsidy per student for 6-week internship)
* Students with Singapore & Shanghai & Chile / Kenya internship placement with Next Step Connections are NOT eligible for the subsidy
Only full-time undergraduate students are eligible to apply for the subsidy from SSC. To receive the full subsidy, the selected intern has to to fulfill the following:
- Complete the internship / work period in FULL
- FULLY attend all compulsory orientation / sessions required by the internship / work organizer
- Attend Pre-departure Meeting organized by SSC-Career Advisory Services
- Complete Pre-programme evaluation
- Return to HK on 31 Aug 2018
- Attend a post-internship meeting with SSC –Career Advisory Services
- Complete a post-programme evaluation
- Complete an internship / work programme report (around 500 words) and submit 10 photos at a date specified by SSC-Career Services - normally 3 weeks after the end of the internship
To apply for the subsidy, you must have received an internship offer from any one of the above internship programmes. You will then be invited to apply for the subsidy by SSC. Please also take note that your application might not be successful if you have any outstanding payment with the University and that your CGPA results are unsatisfactory. Students who are being suspended, on disciplinary hearing, or on academic probation, will not be eligible to apply for the subsidy. SSC has sole discretion to determine your subsidy application result.
Enquiries: Ms Sara Chow T: 2616-7404 E: saraty@LN.edu.hk