Career Advising Services
Jonathan Choi Student Internship Scheme - Japan Culture Learning & Internship Programme @ Kyushu 2020
♦ Background ♦
With the generous donation from Dr Jonathan Choi Koon Shum, “Jonathan Choi Student Internship Scheme” was established in 2019 for encouraging Lingnan University students to participate in culture learning and internship programmes with the aims of strengthening students’ international exposure and career development.
In Summer 2020, ten (10) selected students will go to Kyushu in Japan for the participation of a programme around 5 weeks. The programme includes Japanese learning, culture study activities, community services and internship at real estate, hotel, community services and banking industry.
♦ Eligibility ♦
- Non-final year Full-time UG students
- HKSAR Permanent Residents
- Knowledge of Japanese will be an advantage but not necessary
♦ Programme Details ♦
Date: Around 5 weeks in Jun – Jul 2020
Location: Kyushu in Japan
Prog. Fee: Waived (Refundable deposit: HKD5000)
- Selected students will join this programme with full sponsorship on accommodation, study & cultural programme for the programme period.
- Students are required to pay HKD5,000 as deposit for the programme. The deposit is refundable to applicants within 2 months upon fully completion of the programme.
- Students are required to responsible for the return flight tickets and the personal expenses during the programme period. Students are required to deposit to SSC account for purchasing flight tickets. SSC will purchase group air-tickets for participants accordingly. With the policy of group flight tickets, all participants are required to take the same flights (both to and from Fukuoka).
Please click HERE for the programme details.
♦ Application & Selection Processes ♦
|27 Feb 2020 –11:59pm,
6 Mar 2020
Applicants are required to complete the application form online. Please click HERE for the online application form.
You may click HERE for the CV template
Application Deadline : 11:59pm, 6 Mar 2020 (Friday)
|9 – 11 Mar 2020||Online Interview for shortlisted candidates|
|13 Mar 2020 (TBC)||Announcement of Selection Results
Applicants will receive the result via email
|14 – 15 Mar 2020 (TBC)||Acceptance of Offer
Details will be provided to the selected students
♦ Programme Timeline ♦
|Mar – Apr 2020||Online Japanese language and cultural courses
- 2/3 classes per week , around 10 classes in total
- Individual phone conversation for CV consultation
- Logistics Arrangement for Flight Tickets and/or Accommodation
- Online/ Phone Interview with organizer / potential employer
|20 May 2020 (TBC)||Pre-departure Briefing|
|Jun – Jul 2020||Internship Programme
- 1-week of learning Japanese language and culture
- 4-week of internship
|2 Sep 2020 (TBC)||Deadline for providing programmes report & photos|
|9 Sep 2020 (TBC)||Post-internship Sharing|
♦ Enquires ♦
|Ms Shirley Siu
|Ms Sarah Lee