Career Advising Services
Local Summer Internship Programme
♦ Background ♦
The Student Services Centre has launched the Local Summer Internship Programme (LSIP) and put great efforts in soliciting and arranging internship places in local companies / organizations for our students in order to facilitate their job hunting and enhance their employability upon graduation. Through the internships, students would gain practical work experience under the local dynamic working environment and enhance their workplace skills which would be indispensable for their future career development.
♦ Objectives ♦
- To broaden students' exposure to local dynamic and ever-changing working environment and cultures;
- To enhance students' knowledge and generic skills in workplace and cultivate their sense of responsibility, positive work attitude and ethics; and
- To develop students' open attitude to maintain good working relations with individuals of different cultural background.
♦ Programme Structure ♦
Internship Period: Jun to Aug 2019 (about 8-12 weeks)
Job Nature / Duties:
- Administrative, liaison and coordinating work;
- Event planning and management;
- Accounting and Banking;
- Preparation and implementation of training;
- Customer service and frontline tasks;
- Research and analyses;
- Translation and publication works;
- Marketing and promotion activities;
- Data and information management;
- General Office duties;
- and other ad hoc projects as assigned by supervisors.
Individual company / organization may offer some allowance throughout the internship period to cover the transportation and meal expenses for the selected student interns. SSC may provide a minimum amount of subsidy to students whose internship is unpaid, if necessary.
Will be provided for the student interns during the internship period by the placement company / organization or SSC.
A supervisor at the placement company / organization would be assigned to the student intern(s) for guidance and advice.
All student interns are required to complete and submit the Intern Self-Evaluation Form with photos and share their experience upon the completion of the Local Summer Internship Programme.
♦ Placement Organizations ♦
- Confirmed placement companiese / Organizations in summer 2019
- Participating Placement Companies / Organizations in the past years #
# Including placements which are offered by LU alumni employers and partly subsidized by the Lingnan Univeristy Alumni Association (HK) Ltd. (LUAA)
♦ Target Students ♦
- Non-final Year Full-time undergraduate students
- Priority will be given to penultimate year undergraduate students
- High motivation and commitment towards the programme
- Proven language ability (Contonese, English and Putonghua)
- Effective communication skills
- Skills that meet the employers' requirements & other transferable skills
♦ Information Session cum Career Talk ♦
Date: 31 Jan 2019 (Thu)
Time: 5:00 - 6:30pm
Venue: MBG22 (Ben C. M. Wong Lecture Theatre)
* Career Talk Topic: Introduction to Employment Ordinance
* Priority will be given to students who have attended this Briefing Session
On-line seat reservation via: http://www.ln.edu.hk/sys/ssc/coming_programmes/
♦ Application Guidelines ♦
(Application period: 1-15 Feb 2019)
Completed the ► Online Application and submit the following documents to the Student Services Centre on or before 15 Feb 2019 (12:00nn). Incomplete application will not be processed!
- Copy of Confirmation Email (as Cover Page) - to be received after submission of Online Application
- Recent Photo (in Business Attire) - stick on top right corner on CV
- Copy of Online Transcript
- Selection Interview will be held between 25 and 28 Feb 2018. Please register for an interview session in the Online Application (first-come-first-served, while seats are available, no make-up interview will be arranged).
- Subject to the requirements given by individual placement companies / organizations, some selected applicants may need to submit additional / supporting document(s) or be invited to attend a second interview arranged by the companies / organizations. Please check your email regularly.
- Priority will be given to applicants who have attended the Local Summer Internship Programme (LSIP) 2019 Information Session held on 31 Jan 2019.
- Each applicant would normally be nominated to no more than 3 placement companies / organizations.
- Upon completion of the internship, student interns shall oblige to attend a debriefing session organized by the Student Services Centre and submit an Intern Self-Evaluation Form with photos taken in the workplace.
Provisional offer & Nomination:
Announcement of Provisional Offer will be released in March 2019. Subject to the consideration / confirmation from the prospective employers, nominated applications will be notified via email confirmation.
♦ Photo Album ♦
♦ Statutory Minimum Wage ♦
Please visit the website of Labour Department for details of the exemption for student interns and work experience students during a period of exempt student employment under the Minimum Wage Ordinance:
♦ Enquiries ♦
|Ms. Joeli Wong
|Ms. Sarah Lee