Students are required to achieve a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or above in order to automatically proceed to the next term for the full-time mode, or the next year for the part-time mode. A student whose Cumulative GPA is 2.0 or above but below 2.50 shall be more closely monitored by the programme. The Board of Examiners shall, at the end of each term, recommend whether each student is:
- Making satisfactory progress towards the degree;
- To be more closely monitored by the programme;
- Eligible for the degree; or
- Required to withdraw from the programme.
A student will normally progress unless he/she falls within the following categories, any of which may be regarded as grounds for termination of studies:
- The student is unable to attain a Cumulative GPA of 2.0 at the end of the term (for full-time students) or the year (for part-time students);
- The student is unable to attain a Cumulative GPA of 2.67 at the end of the programme, which is the minimum Cumulative GPA requirement for graduation; or
- The student has exceeded the maximum period of study, which is five years.