To support the mission of liberal arts education fostered in Lingnan University, the Department of Marketing and International Business offers a wide spectrum of courses for the marketing stream of the Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) Programme.
We train our students to have Adaptability, Brain power and Creativity. We adopt an integrated, learning-oriented approach to equip our stream students with a foundation of business operations, and a full understanding of contemporary concepts and practices in marketing and international business.
The Department is comprised of twelve academic and two non-academic staff. Faculty members received their postgraduate training in Asia, Australia, Europe and North America. Prior to joining Lingnan University, members had held academic and non-academic appointments in Asia, Australia, Europe and North America. Some of us still maintain a strong link with our former overseas employers and universities.
Business organisations have long recognised the importance of customer orientation and effective marketing strategies in order to enhance their competitiveness in the marketplace. Moreover, the increasing globalisation of business requires managers to have an international perspective. Lingnan’s marketing programme has a strong international emphasis. Under the University’s liberal arts-oriented learning environment, graduates of the Marketing Stream are well prepared to face the challenges of a highly competitive business environment.
Our programme is well recognised by business sectors and professional bodies. Graduates of the Marketing Stream are qualified for entry to the Professional Postgraduate Diploma in the Marketing Programme of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM, a leading international professional marketing body in U.K.).
To actualise whole-person development, we encourage students to participate actively in community services and extra-curricular activities. Over the years, our students had won various prizes in inter- and intra-university competitions. Some recent honours and competitive awards include:
- Bestowed the President's Award (the highest Cumulative GPA among all undergraduate graduates in 2012)
- Sir Edward Youde Memorial Scholarship 2012-13
- The Most Distinguished Student of the University Award 2012-13
- The Outstanding Intern Award from the Mainland Summer Internship Programme 2012, organised by the Chinese General Chamber of Commerce Mainland Summer Internship Programme and the Lingnan University Mainland Summer Internship Programme 2012
- The First Runner Up in the KPMG Business Paper Competition 2011
- The Best Presenter in the KPMG Business Paper Competition 2011
- The Champion of CareerTimes x Yahoo! JabidYan Competition 2011
- The Champion of Toastmasters International Area H3 Table Topics Contests 2011
- The Bronze Prize in the 12th Challenge Cup Paper Presentation Competition, 2011
- Bronze Prize in the 7th Challenge Cup Business Plan Writing Competition, 2010
- The selected student to represent Hong Kong Region for the 2010 JAL Scholarship Programme, organised by Japan Airlines
- One of the Top Four Teams of the Project CG 2010 Competition organised by CosmoGIRL! Magazine, SCMP Hearst Publication Ltd
- Eminent Award of "I Generation" Youth Integrity Programme, 2010, organised by ICAC
- Outstanding Intern & Merit Awardees of Mainland Summer Internship Programmes 2009-2011
- Bronze Award of the 11th Challenge Cup National Undergraduate Curricular Academic Science & Technology Works Competition 2009
- Best Prize Award of the 18th Young Times Advertising Awards 2009, coordinated by Chinatimes in Taiwan
- Outstanding Prize in the first round of AIA Quest for the Champion Communicator contest 2009
- Bronze Award of the Sixth Challenge Cup Business Plan competition, coordinated by Liaison Office of the Central People's Government in the HKSAR
- Champion of the 2007 Toastmasters Area K1 Humourous Speech Contest
- Merit Award for Outstanding Project, Job Attachment Scheme 2007 orgnised by the Hong Kong Police Force
- Hong Kong Delegates of Global Citizenship Programme 2007, organised by Dragon Foundation and the Institute of International Education
- Hong Kong Delegates of the Synergy Programme for Outstanding Youth 2007 & 2008
- Silver Award, 2006 HK4As Student Awards Competition
- Outstanding Interns of the Jockey Club Summer Internship Programme 2005
- Second Runner-up, Young Entrepreneurs Development Council E-Challenge Business Plan Competition 2005
- Selected tertiary student team for the Research on Young People's Pattern of Cultural Activities and Perception of Cultural Relations Organisations, organized by British Council, 2004
- The Providence Foundation Outward Bound Leadership Training Awards 2004 - 2011
Copyright©2013 Lingnan University. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: Lingnan University ("the University") has taken all reasonable measures to ensure that material contained in this website is correct. The University reserves the right to make changes at any time. If you have any queries with our information, or if you would like a hyperlink to your site removed, please notify the Webmaster of the University at firstname.lastname@example.org.