To support the mission of liberal arts education fostered in Lingnan University, the Department of Marketing and International Business offers a wide spectrum of courses for the marketing stream of the Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) Programme.
We train our students to have Adaptability, Brain power and Creativity. We adopt an integrated, learning-oriented approach to equip our stream students with a foundation of business operations, and a full understanding of contemporary concepts and practices in marketing and international business.
The Department is comprised of twelve academic and two non-academic staff. Faculty members received their postgraduate training in Asia, Australia, Europe and North America. Prior to joining Lingnan University, members had held academic and non-academic appointments in Asia, Australia, Europe and North America. Some of us still maintain a strong link with our former overseas employers and universities.
Business organisations have long recognised the importance of staying in touch with customers, staying ahead of competitors, and staying together with different internal and external stakeholders in response to new demands and challenges. Inspired to infuse in students such a customer-, competitor-, and market-oriented mindset, Lingnan's Marketing Stream aims to train up students' entrepreneurial, innovative, and administrative skills to capture markets of today and the future. Graduates of the Marketing Stream are adaptive, creative and well-equipped to capture opportunities arising out of a highly competitive business environment. Our graduates are employed in various exciting fields including banking and finance, marketing communications and consultancy services, hospitality and tourism, trading and international businesses. Over the years, they have made significant progress in their careers and taken up important leadership positions in work and in the communities.
Our programme is well recognised by business sectors and professional bodies. Graduates of the Marketing Stream are eligible for Associate Membership from the Hong Kong Institute of Marketing and the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
To actualise whole-person development, we encourage students to participate actively in community services and extra-curricular activities. Over the years, our students had won various prizes in inter- and intra-university competitions. Some recent honours and competitive awards include:
- The Top Five Teams of Project Campus 2016
- The Champion of Poetry Group Recitation 2016
- The Third-runner Up of Solo Recitation (Section of International Students) 2016
- The First-runner Up of Prose Group Recitation 2016
- The Champion of KPMG Business Administration Paper 2014
- The Most Distinguished Student of the University Award 2013 and 2014
- The Second Runner-up of The Hong Kong Outstanding Business Students Award 2013
- Top 6 at the HSBC Asia Pacific Business Case Competition 2013
- Sir Edward Youde Memorial Scholarship in 2010 and 2013
- Bestowed the President's Award (the highest Cumulative GPA among all undergraduate graduates in 2012)
- The Outstanding Intern Award from the Mainland Summer Internship Programme 2012, 2013 and 2015, co-organised by the Chinese General Chamber of Commerce Mainland Summer Internship Programme
- The First Runner Up in the KPMG Business Paper Competition 2011
- The Best Presenter in the KPMG Business Paper Competition 2011
- The Champion of CareerTimes x Yahoo! JabidYan Competition 2011
- The Champion of Toastmasters International Area H3 Table Topics Contests 2011
- Bronze Prize in the 12th Challenge Cup Paper Presentation Competition, 2011- The Bronze Prize in the 7th Challenge Cup Business Plan Writing Competition, 2010
- The selected student to represent Hong Kong Region for the 2010 JAL Scholarship Programme, organised by Japan Airlines
- The Top Four Teams of the Project CG 2010 Competition organised by CosmoGIRL! Magazine, SCMP Hearst Publication Ltd
- The Eminent Award of "I Generation" Youth Integrity Programme, 2010, organised by ICAC
Copyright©2017 Lingnan University. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: Lingnan University ("the University") has taken all reasonable measures to ensure that material contained in this website is correct. The University reserves the right to make changes at any time. If you have any queries with our information, or if you would like a hyperlink to your site removed, please notify the Webmaster of the University at email@example.com.