Term of reference
1. To be responsible for the delivery of the programme(s) and courses it offers, including course planning, teaching, assessment, evaluation, and achievement of the intended student learning outcomes.
2. To be responsible for the quality of teaching and research work of the department.
3. To formulate departmental policies within University guidelines.
4. To consider staff matters of the department.
5. To set up committees as it thinks necessary to discharge its duties.
6. To exercise such additional responsibilities and powers as may be assigned to it by the President from time to time.
Chairman : Head of the Department
Members : All full-time members of the teaching staff of the Department at the rank of Assistant Lecturer or higher
Two elected student representatives
Secretary : To be slected from among its members
Observer : One research postgraduate student (if any) elected from among themselves
*Note: The Dean concerned should receive the agenda papers and minutes of the Department Boards.
IMCSP Programme Management Group
Terms of reference
1. To oversee the compliance of the programme with University standards and regulations;
2. To initiate and plan for the management and longer term development of the programme;
3. To deliberate over the use of funds arising from the programme, and
4. To submit any substantive proposal arising from (1), (2) and (3) above to the Department Board for consideration and approval as appropriate.
Chairman: Head of Department of Sociology and Social Policy Prof. Chen Hon Fai
Members: Director of IMCSP Programme (if not HoD) Prof. Stefan Kuehne
Three representatives appointed by Head of 1. Prof. Mok Ka-ho
SOCSP Department 2. Prof. Annie Chan
3. Prof. Echo Shang
Secretary: A Staff member of the IMCSP Programme Ms. Tsang Chiuyu
Department's Undergraduate Studies Sub-Committee
Members : Prof. Annie Chan, Prof. Jenny Chiu and Prof. Ruby Lai
Department's Postgraduate Studies Sub-Committee
Members : Prof. Roman David, Prof. Stefan Kuehner and Prof. Satoshi Araki
Department's Student Engagement Sub-Committee
Members : Prof. Chen Hon Fai, Prof. Au Yeung Tat Chor and Prof. Echo Shang
Department's Research Environment Sub-Committee
Members : Prof. Yau Yung, Prof. Gizem Arat and Prof. Francisco Olivio
BSocSc Programme and Curriculum Committee (PCC)
Members : Prof. Roman David and Prof. Ruby Lai
Staff-Student Consultation Committee (BSocSc)
Department Representative : Prof. Gizem Arat
Staff-Student Consultation Committee (IMCSP)
Department Representatives : Prof. Echo Shang
Library Liaison : Prof. Francisco Olivio