Health and Social Services Management Programme (HSSM)
This 4-year and Senior Year UGC-funded undergraduate programme aims to nurture talents in response to Hong Kong’s ageing population. Besides learning the theories and practices in health and social services, students will be offered various service-learning opportunities in welfare and healthcare organisations. Upon completing the programme, students will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to lead teams, manage health and social services, and apply gerontechnology in welfare settings. They will also be taught essential skills for academic writing and further studies.
Upon completion of the Programme, students will be able to:
- Apply theoretical knowledge and practical knowledge skills to plan, lead and manage the delivery of health and social services
- Demonstrate the use of essential skills for completing grant applications and evaluating service outcomes.
- Develop the ability to create innovative ideas and develop social enterprises.
- Execute critical skills in working in groups and mobilising financial and human resources for health and social services delivery.
- Integrate a range of skills to identify and manage institutional and community-based health and social problems.
- Evaluate appropriate assistive technologies and innovative approaches to design programmes for social services users and stakeholders.