Skip to main content

Undergraduate Admissions

Start main content

Overseas Admission

(Open for application.  Main Round application deadline: 15 May 2024)
Non-local applicants# who seek admission to undergraduate programmes offered by the University on the basis of qualifications other than Joint Entrance Examination for Universities in PRC (Gao Kao) examination results of the current year should apply directly to the University.


Starting from 2020 intake, non-local applicants who seek admissions to undergraduate programmes on the strength of Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) examination should apply for admission directly to the University.

According to the Regulations Governing Undergraduate Studies, a student of the University whose studies had been discontinued on academic grounds in a particular academic year is not allowed to be re-admitted to any undergraduate programme in the following academic year.

# Non-local students are holders of:
  a) Student visa / Entry permit
  b) Visa / Entry permit under the Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates (IANG)
  c) Dependant visa / Entry permit who were 18 years old or above when they were issued with such visa / entry permit by the Director of Immigration of the HKSAR (This definition has been reviewed and redefined by the Education Bureau (EDB) in November 2018.)


Key Dates and Deadlines

Please click here for details.