Master of Arts in Curating and Art History
• Classes at Lingnan@WestKowloon (12/F, M+ Tower)
• Summer School at The Graduate Institute of Conservation of Cultural Relics and Museology, TNUA, Tainan
• Fellowships for Local Students per year to a cap of HK120,000
• Exit Scholarship
• Opportunities for Internship and Professional Trainings
• Curatorial Projects at JCCAC
• Research Dissertation with Academic Supervisor
• Regular Seminars and Workshops with Senior Curators and Scholars Worldwide
• In AY2023/24, 100%of admitted local students are awarded the Targeted Taught Postgraduate Programmes Fellowships Scheme.
• In AY2022/23, 17% of students completed credit bearing internships in partnership with 7 local art organisations.
Administrated by the Department of Digital Arts and Creative Industries (DACI) at Lingnan University, Master of Arts in Curating and Art History (MACAH) combines two disciplines into one: museum curating and art history, with options to engage in practicum and study abroad programmes. Aside from required and elective courses, students can choose to curate a group exhibition or complete a research dissertation as capstone experience. An internship programme and an overseas summer school are arranged to enhance students’ international exposure, and their interaction with art historians, collectors and museum professionals. Students can also benefit from the insights and experiences of eminent scholars and experienced curators who are involved in our events at DACI.
MACAH is suitable for those who wish to pursue interdisciplinary study in art history, and professional careers in museums, curatorial and other art-related industries. Through studying art theories and collections, curatorial practice, art projects, entrepreneurial initiatives, and professional training, MACAH offers students multiple perspectives to explore and engage in the development of art and cultural landscapes in Hong Kong, Asia and beyond.
The prorgramme has been included by the University Grants Committee in its Targeted Taught Postgraduate Programmes Fellowships Scheme for the 2023/24 academic year. Local students who are admitted to the MACAH programme will be invited to apply for the fellowships.
Graduates can seek employment in the cultural and arts industries, which include private and public museums, galleries, auction houses, arts media, educational institutions, arts and cultural trust foundations, and art fairs. Alumni from MACAH have worked in galleries, museums, auction houses, and a variety of other industries.
Rapid-fire Q&A session with MACAH students！
Highlights of curatorial project 2023:
Highlights of curatorial project 2022:
Fellowship and internship experiences at MACAH:
Internship experiences at MACAH:
Interviews with students:
MACAH exchange partner introduction: