Prayer/ Meditation Room
With a view to providing a quiet place for colleagues and students to pray and meditate, a designated area in LCHUG16 at UG, Lau Chung Him Building will be arranged for use of colleagues and students for prayer and meditation. Students and colleagues may find comfort in this multi-faith praying and meditation during the following reserved time slots:
- 12:00 noon – 2:00 p.m.
- 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- 8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
To book the room for use, please register.
Noting that renovation work in various locations are still in progress, please stay tuned for further updates and announcement on the location of the room designated for prayer and meditation.
Regulations governing the use of Prayer / Meditation area in LCHUG16
1. The following time slots are reserved for quiet prayer or meditation for Lingnan University staff and students on a first-come-first-served basis:
a. 12:00 noon - 2:00 p.m.
b. 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
c. 8:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
2. Application for use of this room in the above time slots is required. Interested users are required to fill in the form available on the LUEOC website for registration.
3. The maximum capacity for use at one time is 6. There are chances for registered users to have to wait outside the room when it reaches full capacity. Your understanding and patience is much appreciated.
4. All users should observe strict silence and only carry out activities of the above-said nature. Users should be considerate and respect fellow users of the room, and to ensure that the environment remains welcoming to users of different faiths, race and ethnicities.
5. Drinking and eating are not permitted. Lighting of candles and burning of incense in the room are also not permitted.
6. Displaying or distributing any religious materials in the room is not permitted. Notices, poster, leaflets or advertisement etc. must not be left in the room.
7. Users should, at the end of the booked time slot, vacate the venue, and leave the venue in a clean and orderly state.
8. Users would be responsible for their personal belongings during the use of the room.
9. For enquiries about facilities in the room, or complaints about abuse of the room, please contact Facilities Management Division (Operations & Maintenance) at 2616 7134. For other enquires, please email to the Lingnan University Equal Opportunities Committee (LUEOC) at eoc@LN.edu.hk.