| Programme Website || www.ln.edu.hk/fin_ins/mscrim |
| Special Features || |
- The degree gives an in-depth coverage of the major areas in risk management and insurance, with an emphasis on professional practice.
- The degree helps students obtain professional qualifications such as Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) and Financial Risk Manager (FRM) qualifications.
- The degree covers risk management principles, general insurance, life and health insurance, financial risk management, risk modelling and analysis, insurance law and regulation, wealth management, and financial services markets.
- The inclusion of finance electives increases the appeal of the degree to both students and potential employers.
| Mode of Study || Full-time |
| Programme Duration || |
- Normal: 1 year
- Maximum: 2 years
| Medium of Instruction || English |
| Credits Required || 30 |
| Modules Required || 10 (Core courses: 5; Electives courses: 5) |
| Pre-entry Course || Applicants with no or limited background in insurance and statistics in their bachelor's degree will be required to pass the relevant pre-entry course(s), Fundamental of Insurance (42 hours, HKD6,000) and/or Statistics Workshop (24 hours, HKD4,000), prior to the start of this master's programme. |
| Tuition Fees (for 2024/25) || |
- Local students: HKD208,000/programme
- Non-local students: HKD238,000/programme
The tuition fees above do not cover pre-entry courses.
| Programme Director || Prof YICK, Martin |
BFin, MPhil, PhD (HKU), CFA, FRM
| Offering Unit || Department of Finance and Insurance |