Subsite Background

Policy and Procedures on Sexual Harassment

12. Lodge a complaint with the EOC or take legal action


Apart from filing a complaint through internal University procedures, the complainant may decide to lodge a complaint directly with the EOC or to the law enforcement agency or to file a law suit in the District Court of Hong Kong.

If the person who is sexually harassed intends to lodge a complaint with the EOC, he/she should take action within twelve months after the incident occurred. Otherwise, the EOC will not handle the case unless there are justifiable reasons for the delay.

Any decision to take legal proceedings to the District Court should be made within two years after the incident occurred.


Back Menu