Special Regulations Governing the Use of Tin Ka Ping Swimming Pool
In addition to the General Regulations Governing the Use of the Sports Facilities, users should observe the following regulations regarding the use of the swimming pool.
- No people with any communicable or skin disease should use the pool.
- Children of full-time staff under the age of 12 must be accompanied by their parent(s) or an eligible adult user, who is aged 18 or above. No adults may accompany more than 4 children at any one time, and they must leave the pool when the adult leaves.
- Users must get changed in the appropriate changing rooms.
- Swimmers should be dressed in appropriate swimming suits. No clothes of other forms are allowed.
- Swimmers must not use any of the sports facilities other than the pool in swimming suits.
- Please wash your body thoroughly in the changing rooms before entering the pool deck area.
- Swimmers must walk through the footbath and the shower bath before entering the pool deck area.
- Only clean and unsoiled rubber flip-flops are allowed on the pool deck. Rubber flip-flops, if worn, must be washed in the footbath beforehand.
- Users with hair of shoulder length must wear swimming caps or must tie up their hair while using the pool. Pool staff are authorised to prohibit any person not complying with this rule from using the pool.
- Spitting is prohibited in the pool area.
- Smoking, eating, drinking and carrying glasses or bottles into the pool area is strictly forbidden.
- Running, pushing, chasing and games are not permitted in the pool area.
- Swimmers must not dive or jump into the shallow water at both ends of the pool where the water depth is only 1.37 meter.
- No diving into the swimming pool is allowed except during competition or training sessions accompanied by the coach.
- Gauge your swimming speed and use the appropriate lane to avoid causing unnecessary hindrance to professional swimmers in the lap swim lane.
- Swimmers should not wear spectacles, face masks or flippers in the pool.
- Swimming accessories/equipment other than kick-boards and buoys are not permitted in the pool.
- Sun tan lotion is allowed on the pool deck. However, swimmers must use the shower to wash off the lotion before entering the pool.
- No photo-taking or video-recording is allowed, except with the approval from Campus Support Office in advance.
- The pool can accommodate a limited number of people and when this limit is reached, a "FULL" notice will be posted at the counter of Indoor Sports Complex. No more people will be allowed to enter the pool until such time as vacancies are available.
- The whole pool or part of it may be closed for classes, training or competitions. Advance notification will be posted on the notice board at the swimming pool entrance.
- The pool may be closed without notice in the event of adverse weather or due to any ad-hoc and uncontrollable condition.
- Pool users shall abide by the regulations stated herein and must follow the instructions of the lifeguards or Campus Support Office.
Maintenance and operation of the swimming pool is carried out in conformity of the Public Health Services Ordinance Cap. 132, Swimming Pool By-Laws. The above regulations are designed to supplement these by-laws, for the comfort, safety and convenience of all users.