Use of Personal Data
- Names of graduates will be published in the Programme Booklets to be given to all graduates and their guests at the Congregation. Graduates’ degree classification will not be shown unless they are awarded a First Class Honours or a Distinction.
- At the Congregation, award titles will be announced and names of graduates will be read out and individual photographs will be taken when they are walking across the stage. Degree classification will not be read out unless the graduate has received a First Class Honours.
- Crowd shots will be taken by the University photographers at the Congregation and across campus and these may include images of graduates and their guests.
- The ceremonies will be recorded and broadcast across campus. Graduates and their guests should be aware that they may appear on this recording and broadcasting.
- Videos of the ceremonies will be produced for the University’s retention.
- Selected photographs and videos of the Congregation may be used to promote the activities of the University and these may appear in our publications, promotional materials, websites and social media.
- When photographs are taken on campus for smaller groups or individuals, graduates who do not wish to be photographed should tell the photographer before any photos are taken.
- Graduates should contact the Registry to discuss any issues arising in relation to the use of personal information.