MSocSci in Comparative Social Policy (International)
In today's globalised world, studying the experiences of different societies is critical to understand the social issues that many of us now face. The MSocSci in Comparative Social Policy (International) (IMCSP) programme meets the demand for individuals with relevant comparative knowledge in government, think tanks, NGOs, and social enterprises as well as the broader public at large. It is the only taught Master programme in Hong Kong, which makes international comparisons the focal point of studying social policy, development and governance.
For the second consecutive year running, the IMCSP programme has been recognised by the University Grant Commission's Targeted Taught Postgraduate Fellowships Scheme. For more details about the scheme, please vist UGC website.
Three reasons to choose the IMCSP programme
As a graduate from one of the leading Liberal Arts universities in Asia, you will possess the necessary comparative focus, international outlook, and personal skills to build your career in the public sector, think tanks, NGOs, or the private sector:
- The IMCSP programme makes comparisons of social policies and the significant challenges in managing rapid global changes the focal point of your studies.
- Students gain the skills to examine critical areas of social policy including old-age pensions, welfare policy, public support for children and families, employment and life-long learning. The programme also addresses issues surrounding health, well-being and social care, housing and urban planning.
- The IMCSP programme is delivered by the international faculty working at Lingnan University and benefits from the perspectives of global experts in guest lectures, workshops and field visits.
- A selection of students will have the opportunity to study in the Department of Social Policy & Social Work, University of York, as part of its MA in Comparative and International Social Policy.
- All students benefit from personal career advice and tailored support to identify and approach their dream employer in making a positive contribution to the well-being of people and many sectors of society.
- All students have a direct route to continue their studies at Lingnan University with the Doctor of Policy Studies (DPS) Programme.