Lingnan-60 Global Talent Recruitment
Lingnan University is one of the eight publicly funded institutions in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) with the longest established tradition among the local institutions of higher education. Lingnan University is a global leader in providing quality education focusing on whole-person development and conducting high-impact research for a better world. Moving forward, Lingnan University aspires to become a leading research-intensive liberal arts institution in the digital era.
As its 60th anniversary approaches, Lingnan University has launched the Lingnan-60 Global Talent Recruitment and will recruit over 60 outstanding scholars from around the globe to join the University as tenured or tenure-track Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor, or Chair Professor in all academic fields. Interdisciplinary areas will be focused on that would spearhead a digitalized future for the University’s teaching and research capabilities. Key areas include, but not limited to, the following:
- Art and Technology
- Metaverse and Humanities
- Digital Humanities
- Financial Technology
- Financial Sustainability
- Social Media Marketing
- Human-AI Interactions
- ESG and Disclosure in the Digital Era
- Business Analytics and Technology
- Computational Social Science
- Social and Public Policy
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Industrial Data Science
- Sustainable Energy and Materials (clean energy, energy storage, energy efficiency, green materials, etc.)
- Carbon Neutrality (carbon capture, utilisation and sequestration, carbon loop, carbon footprint analysis, etc.)
- Sustainable Environment (climate change, ecosystem restoration, hazard mitigation, waste management, water treatment, desalination, etc.)
- Smart Infrastructure (AI-driven material design, smart city, smart sensor network, etc.)
- Any other interdisciplinary areas between STEM and Arts, Business, and Social Science
STEM Scholars and Emerging Young Scholars
Outstanding international scholars working in science, technology, engineering and mathematics-related (STEM) disciplines joining Lingnan University will have the chance to be nominated for the Global STEM Professorship Scheme sponsored by the Government of the HKSAR.
Emerging young scholars joining Lingnan University will have the chance to be nominated for the University’s exceptional Presidential Early Career Scholars Scheme (PECS). Successful candidates will be conferred the title of “Presidential Early Career Scholar” and be offered an attractively competitive remuneration package along with a start-up grant.
Join us now!
- Candidates should have a PhD degree in the relevant discipline. For appointment at the rank of Chair Professor, candidates should have a strong international reputation in research with an outstanding track record of high impact research publications, substantial teaching experience, and capacity to provide academic leadership. For appointment as Professor, candidates should have substantial research and teaching experience with significant scholarly publications in leading journals and academic achievements. For appointment as Associate Professor, candidates should have at least five years of relevant experience and a sound track record in research and scholarly activities. For appointment as Assistant Professor, candidates should have relevant teaching experience and a good research record, and must demonstrate good potential in publishing high quality papers. For appointments at all ranks, candidates are expected to demonstrate good track records in successful grant applications. Previous administrative leadership experience at the Department level or above will be a distinct advantage.
- Appointment at junior levels will normally be made on an initial contract of three years, which, subject to review and mutual agreement, may normally lead to longer-term appointment with possibility of consideration for substantiation. For appointment at the rank of Professor and Chair Professor, appointment with substantiation will normally be considered.
- The conditions of appointment will be competitive. Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Fringe benefits include annual leave, medical and dental benefits, mandatory provident fund, gratuity and incoming passage and baggage allowance for the eligible appointees.
- Please click HERE to submit your online application. Applicants shall provide names and contact information of at least three referees to whom applicants’ consent has been given for their providing references. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Review of applications will continue until the post is filled. Qualified candidates are advised to submit their applications early for consideration.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, or to fill the post by invitation or by search. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
We are an equal opportunities employer, with equal pay for equal work and for work of equal value. Moreover, the anti-discrimination laws in Hong Kong (namely Sex Discrimination Ordinance, Disability Discrimination Ordinance, Family Status Discrimination Ordinance and Race Discrimination Ordinance) forbid discrimination and victimization in employment on the grounds of sex, marital status, pregnancy, disability, family status, race and the like. It is unlawful to decide against a candidate on the aforesaid grounds.
About Lingnan University
Lingnan University (LU)’s Faculties of Arts, Business, Social Sciences, School of Graduate Studies, and School of Interdisciplinary Studies run undergraduate, taught postgraduate and research postgraduate programmes. Its liberal arts education model blends the arts, science, and elements around human and humanities. Anticipating the establishment of the School of Data Science, LU strives to enhance innovation and technology research to drive a positive impact in the society and the world. Building upon LU’s existing strength in combining the best of the Chinese and Western liberal arts traditions, the University will leverage its geographical strength in the Northern Metropolis and pioneer the liberal arts education model in the Greater Bay Area (GBA) and beyond. LU is in the process of establishing its Institute for Advanced Study and Shenzhen Research Institute to amplify its regional and global impact.
LU has ranked top two globally for "Quality Education" in the Times Higher Education Impact Rankings, received QS Five Star+ rankings, and secured a position among the top 100 universities in East Asia for its remarkable performance in individual subjects in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2023. LU’s strength in knowledge transfer lies in gerontechnology and smart ageing, data science, culture and heritage, humanitarian technology, and environmental sustainability.