Staff Development and Award Schemes
Staff Development Grants and Supports
Staff members may apply for study grants for pursuing study programmes and grants for attending conferences to be approved by the University subject to the prevailing policies and guidelines.
There is a funding limit within a funding year which an eligible academic staff member can apply for and is subject to revision by the University from time to time
The Grant may cover the following items of expenses in relation to attending the conference:
- Conference outside of Hong Kong (non-local)
- Conference registration fee
- Economy airfare
- Subsistence allowance
- Visa fee
- Conference in Hong Kong (local)
- Conference registration fee only
Staff members may apply for conference leave if they are going to present paper(s) in the conference/seminar, or play a significant role in the conference/seminar, e.g. serve as a keynote speaker of the conference/seminar, participate as a session leader/discussant, etc.
The Research Visit Fund provides support for research visits and collaborations between Lingnan University and non-local universities.
The Fund supports:
- academic staff of non-local universities to visit Lingnan University (Incoming Visit)
- full-time academic staff on the research track of Lingnan University to visit non-local universities (Outgoing Visit)