Faculty of Social Sciences
The Faculty of Social Sciences consists of experienced researchers who combine scholarly work with applied, policy-oriented research in various research centres.
- The Centre for Asian Pacific Studies (CAPS) have been active in organizing community workshops, seminars and conferences, and colleagues have been keen participants in these activities.
- The Pan Sutong Shanghai-Hong Kong Economic Policy Research Institute (PSEI) was established in 2015 and aims to synergise resources and outstanding economic research expertise in Mainland China and Hong Kong to strengthen research on salient issues related to the economic and financial development.
- The China Economic Research Programme (CERP), established in early 2016, aims to promote studies by Mainland and Hong Kong scholars, researchers and industry members in areas such as economy, industries, finance and entrepreneurship, as well as collaborative academic research and exchange projects.
- The STEAM Education and Research Centre (SERP) is committed to promoting quality education in STEAM education to encounter challenges from rapid development in economy, science and technology.
- Wofoo Joseph Lee Consulting and Counselling Psychology Research Centre (WJLCCPRC) is the newest research centre in the Faculty and was established in 2018.
Some of our faculty members are affiliated with the newly established Institute of Policy Studies (IPS), which houses the Asia-Pacific Institute of Ageing Studies (APIAS) and Centre for Social Policy and Social Change (SPSC) focussing on the interface between major societal change and the challenges for policy intervention. Since its inception in 2017, the Centre for Competition Policy and Regulation (CCPR) has been fostering development in competition policy and regulation.
Information for Prospective Students
Tel: (852) 2616 7176 / (852) 2616 7552