OBATL Resource Repository
OBATL Resource Repository
Each of these Guidebooks and Hands-on Guides listed below are available in both hard and soft copy. The soft copies are available below. If you would like a hard copy, you may feel free to print the pdf versions, or contact the Teaching and Learning Centre
Focus on Learning Series
Plagiarism: A Guide for Educators (2nd ed.)
Hands-on Guides for Academics
#1 Turnitin, Plagiarism and Assessment
#2 Turning Rubrics into Grades: 3 Methods for Putting Criterion-Referencing into Practice
#3 Mid-Semester Online CTLE: Making the most of Student Feedback
Forum video ‘From Rubrics to Grade’
Mobile Book Repository
The TLC now has a collection of OBE-related books available for Lingnan staff to browse and borrow. Topic areas covered include OBATL principles, action research, rubrics, assessment, teaching practice, and more.
Collections of rubrics can be found in these places:
- Newsletter #7 on Criterion-based Assessment included a number of sample rubrics.
- Newsletter #9 features some sample rubric sections from the Online OBE Repository (above)
- The Best Practice section of the Online OBE Repository contains many sample rubrics organized by task type/skill.
The concept of Student Voice in faculty development is that rather than students being passive recipients of change, they become active partners with faculty in determining their own learning. This can cover a wide range of activities and student roles, such as consultants, researchers, collaborators, etc. At Lingnan University two of the ways that Student Voice takes shape are in the Student Consultant Program(link) and the TOTAL Teacher Experience (link), in which students partner with teachers in different ways in order to enhance the teaching and learning experience and to ultimately enable students to better achieve the intended learning outcomes.
The TLC has put together a comprehensive range of resources relating to ‘Student Voice in faculty development’. The Student TLC Voice Collection includes Lingnan library books, ebooks, open access articles, journal articles and websites. Those resources not freely available on the web are either available in the Lingnan University Library or via Interlibrary Loan.
- To find the books in Lingnan University library, under ‘Books, AV & More’, do a Title search for ‘TLC Student Voice’
- A list of the complete Student Voice collection can be found in an Online OBE Repository in ‘Student Voice in Faculty Development’ in the Theory section. Note that this section is available only to staff of UGC-funded institutions in Hong Kong; you will need to send an email from your institution email address requesting the password.