Make use of overseas internship opportunities to define your future!
In the past couple of summers, over 120 students interned in Dublin, London, Berlin, Munich, Bremen, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Barcelona, Seville, Cadiz, Lisbon, Bergen, Paris, Kaunas (Lithuania), Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Auckland and the USA via our cooperation with our working partners in bringing more internship locations and industry choices to Lingnan full-time undergraduate students. All students of full-time undergraduate degree programmes from all disciplines and all years are welcome to apply.
To support students' personal and career development, we provide subsidies for students to participate in overseas internship programmes. Although the subsidy may not be enough to cover the full programme fee and expenses, we hope it would be a good encouragement to students in venturing out of Hong Kong and Asia, and see the world!
Our Featured Overseas Internship Programmes
With networks in Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Australia & New Zealand, Japan & South Korea, Bloom of Youth provides full support to students during their internships.
* Students please apply directly with our internship partners unless otherwise stated.
Subsidy to UG Students
1. Bloom of Youth (BY): up to $20,000 (max. subsidy) per student for no-pay internship (available in 2023 summer).
2. NEXSTEP: up to $10,000 (max. subsidy) per student for no-pay internship in Asia (available in 2023 summer). If internships outside Asia will be available in 2023 summer, the max. subsidy will be $20,000 per student.
3. CareerDC: HK$20,000 (max. subsidy) per student for no-pay internship (available in 2023 summer)
4. TalentLink: up to $10,000 (max. subsidy) per student for no-pay internship in Asia (pending confirmation)
Only students of full-time undergraduate degree programmes are eligible to apply for the subsidy from OSA. To receive the full subsidy, the selected intern has to fulfill the following:
- Must complete the prerequisite - Pre-Internship Training Programme (PTP) to be eligible to apply for subsidy.
- Complete the internship / work period in FULL
- FULLY attend all compulsory orientation / sessions required by the internship / work organizer
- Attend online Pre-departure Meeting organized by OSA-Career Advisory Services
- Complete Pre-programme evaluation
- Return to HK on or before 31 Aug 2023 or be available for class when the academic term begins in Sep 2023 for summer internship.
- Attend a post-internship meeting (online or phone debriefing) with OSA –Career Advisory Services
- Complete a post-programme evaluation
- Complete an internship / work programme report (min. 500 words) and submit 10 photos at a date specified by OSA-Career Services - normally 3 weeks after the end of the internship
To apply for the subsidy, you must have received an internship offer from any one of the above internship programmes before you make your online application for the OSA subsidy. Please also take note that your application might not be successful if you have any outstanding payment with the University and that your CGPA results are unsatisfactory. Students who are being suspended, on disciplinary hearing, or on academic probation, will not be eligible to apply for the subsidy. OSA has sole discretion to determine your subsidy application result.
We also wish to remind students that the subsidy received from OSA would not be enough to finance all the costs involved in joining an overseas internship programme. Students are advised to plan your budget carefully and enquire all costs that would be involved. For subsidy, OSA normally will process in April/May after students have secured internship offers and their required visas. So if your internship programme requires you to pay the full programme fee earlier, you should have enough funds to settle payment. Please also take note of the required vaccination requirements of your host country as well as quarantine requirements upon return to Hong Kong. All such requirements involved extra costs and will be incurred by the student. OSA and the University will not subsidized all these extra costs.
Ms Sara Chow T: 2616-7404 E: saraty@LN.edu.hk