Highlights of Relevant Academic Regulations (ARs)
Each student is required to meet in person with his/her academic adviser to consult him/her on his/her programme of studies at least once a term, including one meeting before the specific course registration session, if any. If a student is on overseas/ Mainland exchange studies, he/she is required to seek advice from his/her academic adviser through other means. For other exceptional circumstances under which a student is unable to meet the academic adviser in person, approval has to be sought from the Programme Director or Head of Department concerned for other arrangements.
Academic Advising Arrangement
- Provision of information on courses to be offered to students
- Deadline for uploading tentative course outlines in the Course Depository
- Email notice to students re: Academic Advising & Preparation of Study Plan via DegreeWorks (DW)
- Period for Academic Advising to current students
- Students are required to input their Study Plans for coming academic year during academic advising via DegreeWorks
- End of Advising Period. All completed course plan will be submitted to the Timetabling system for further process. The Registry would adjust students’ preferences by randomly switching any of the courses in the study plans to either the 1st or 2nd terms, in order to ensure that the students concerned can be pre-assigned to the chosen required course(s) in any one term
- If students who fail to input their study plans and the plans have not been approved by their advisers during the advising period will not be able to join the On-line Registration in August and the courses in their study plans will not be pre-registered for them.
- The class timetables will be uploaded to the web.
- Email Notice about online registration to UG Students.
- Students have to complete their academic advising and make sure the course plan in Degree Works is approved and saved by their adviser before online registration period.
- On-line Registration of current students via web.