Teaching and Learning Centre
Supporting Learning and Teaching @Lingnan
In September 2022, TLC will be launching its new core professional development programme SLT@LU (Supporting Learning and Teaching @Lingnan). This programme is designed for Lingnan University staff and postgraduate students who teach or support learning. It aims to provide a firm foundation in educational principles and practice in the context and tradition of liberal arts education. There is a strong focus in the programme on equipping participants to design quality learning sessions.
The 26-hour programme has three modules through which participants will be guided and supported:
- An online self-paced module with a formative quiz
- Four interactive workshops on essential topics in education
- Developmental peer observations of teaching or learning support sessions
Programme schedule and study hours
|Welcome, introductions and overview||F2F||1✔|
|Outcome-Based Approach to Teaching and Learning||Online||2✔|
|Debriefing of OBATL||Online||1✔|
Workshop 1 - Active and Collaborative Learning
Workshop 2 - Introduction to Active Blended Learning
Workshop 3 - Internationalisation of Higher Education
Workshop 4 - Introduction to Reflective Practice and Peer Observations
|Debriefing of peer observations||FSF||1✔|
29 October to 25 November
|To be decided by participants with advice from the facilitator||Independent Study||2✔|
29 October to
|Design and rationale of a teaching or learning support session||Independent Study||6✔|
16 January 2023
|Celebration and certificate presentations||F2F||1✔|
Hours marked with ✔ are compulsory to complete the programme
Assessment and Certificate
Participants will be awarded certificates on successful completion of the programme. Achievement of the programme learning outcomes is via completion of assessed tasks and activities.
*SLT@LU is internationally accredited and recognised through SEDA (Staff and Educational Development Association https://www.seda.ac.uk/ ) and aligns to the SEDA-PDF Award: Supporting Learning. Successful graduates of SLT@LU are entitled to refer to themselves as SEDA Recognised for Supporting Learning.
To join the SLT@LU programme you must be:
- Early-career faculty member with less than 3 years’ experience*
- Postgraduate student with teaching duties*
- Other staff member who directly supports learning, e.g., Librarian, OSA ILP Officer, etc.
* SLT@LU is mandatory for these categories. Please note that it is a pre-requisite that you are engaged in teaching or supporting learning during Term 1 2022-23.
Registration starts in July 2022