Reporting and Hostel Check-in
New Non-local Undergraduate Students
All new non-local undergraduate students of AY2022-23 should complete their Reporting online on 3 August. New undergraduate students will receive an e-mail with individual link for online reporting. You are required to complete the online reporting procedures on 3 August.
Upon your arrival at Lingnan University campus, please present the following ORIGINAL documents including your personal identification and application documents submitted via online application system and/or e-mail, for verification at the Registry at Room ADG08, G/F, Wong Administration Building (Office Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am-12:30pm & 1:30-5:36pm):
1) Exit-entry Permit for Travelling to and from Hong Kong and Macao (EEP) (往來港澳通行証) (for mainland student)/passport (for oversea student)
2) Student visa label/“e-Visa” and White permit receipt of student visa shown the date of permitted to remain
3) Completed and signed Declaration Form for Students Aged Under 18 on the Reporting Day (for students aged under 18)
4) Completed and signed Guardian Appointment Form (for students aged under 18)
5) Certificates/ application documents, such as final official transcripts, public examination results, certificates, testimonials, etc.
6) Letter of (Conditional) Offer of Admission
Please contact the Registry at registry@LN.edu.hk or (852) 2616 8750 if you have any queries regarding the reporting procedures.
New Non-local Postgraduate Students
Reporting of new postgraduate students including research and taught postgraduate students, please contact the School of Graduate Studies / your programme office / department for more details of the procedures of reporting.
2) Hostel Check-in
Special Requirement for COVID-19 Vaccination and Additional Rules during Pandemic
Hostel residents should fulfill the latest Vaccine Pass requirements as required by the Government of HKSAR, the University and the student hostels. With effective from 31 May 2022, all hostel residents should have received the third dose, except students with COVID-19 Vaccination Medical Exemption Certificate. Residents who fail to comply with the requirement will be barred from entering hostels until the requirement is fulfilled and confirmed by the University. Residents who are found not fulfilling the requirement will be subject to disciplinary actions. The University will periodically review this special requirement and may revise the requirement according to the situation. In addition, students who have recently arrived Hong Kong and are required by HKSAR to quarantine should arrange their own off-campus accommodation for Compulsory Quarantine before they can be permitted access to the campus/hostels. Hostel residents should also strictly comply the anti-epidemic measures according to the pandemic situation, including but not limited to mandatory mask-wearing requirement, tightening of group gathering and social distancing measures in student hostel areas, and to reallocate the room assignment and setup floors for isolation or other purposes related to health and safety.
- Submit your COVID-19 vaccination record via the LeaveHomeSafe mobile app so that you can present to the security staff when entering campus and hostel. Hostel residents should fulfill the latest vaccination requirement as required by the Government of HKSAR, the University and the student hostels. With effective from 31 May 2022, all hostel residents in general (except certain special groups with medical exemption certificates) will need to have received the third dose.
- (for new student) Collect your Student. I.D. Card at the Registry during office hour. Office hour of Registry: Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; 1:30 p.m. to 5:36 p.m. Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
- Visit the security counter of your assigned hostel block. You should check in between 07:00 and 23:00.
- Please present your Lingnan University Student Identity Card (SID card) to the security officer for your hostel check-in. You can also present your hostel room number shows on LU Mobile App to them.
- The security officer will process your hostel check-in and issue the hostel room key/ keycard to you. Please check carefully and confirm the hostel room key is the original key and with the correct room number at the security counter. Please also confirm that there are no physical damages to the key/keycard before you leave the security counter.