Lingnan Entrepreneurship Initiative (LEI)
Graduate Support Fund
This funding support is established to encourage graduates to explore entrepreneurship as a viable career option. The goals of the programme include:
- sharpen graduates' problem-solving, entrepreneurship and interpersonal skills;
- encourage graduates to develop businesses and self-employment opportunities;
- provide exposure and network opportunities with industry players.
- LU's graduates of UG programmes in the academic year of 2019/20, 2020/21, 2021/22 or 2022/23*; OR
- Young entrepreneur(s) who teamed up with at least one LU graduate of UG programmes in 2019/20, 2020/21, 2021/22 or 2022/23*
(*priority given to those graduating in 2022-2023)
Up to HKD30,000 per approved project
- the full amount is to be utilised in six months
- the funding will be disbursed on reimbursement basis
- Application is by way of submission of a 10-slide pitch deck and the applicant's CV. The deck should include all 9 elements from the Business Model Canvas.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to pitch your business idea in an interview.
- Successful candidates will be required to submit a startup proposal. Upon approval by LEI, the candidate will be required to sign an agreement containing terms and conditions of the funding.
- A mid-term progress review by LEI will be conducted after the first 3-month period, or upon incurring expenses amounting to HKD15,000. The review will determine the funding approval of the remaining HKD15,000.
- Candidates are required to submit all relevant documents (quotations, invoices,receipts) for reimbursements as well as a Final Report.
- Guidelines on business proposal, final report and notes for reimbursement
For more information, please contact the LEI team 2616-8071 (Ms Kati Ng) or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org