Lingnan Entrepreneurship Initiative (LEI)
HKSTP Tech FYP Sponsorship
The Tech FYP Sponsorship Programme is a new programme by Hong Kong Science and Technology Park (HKSTP), aimed at providing support to final year students to pursue the commercialisation of their final-year project (FYP) or capstone project.
- Seed funding of up to HKD100,000: provided by HKSTP based on milestone accomplishment
- Capacity-building resources including but not limited to trainings and workshops in both business management as well as selected technical competencies
- Coaching, mentorship, and network
- Opportunity to be admitted to the 3-year HKSTP Incubation Programme with up to HKD1.29mil funding support and office space
- Final year students (undergraduate and full-time postgraduate) undertaking final year projects or capstone projects
- Alumni who have recently graduated within 2023 are also welcomed
- Individual with HKID or a HK registered company established for less than 2 years
Projects will be evaluated based on:
- Business and market potential
- R&D element
- Individual or team competency
Application to HKSTP is through nomination by Lingnan University, by way of LEI.
The internal submission deadline is on 27 October 2023.
Shortlisted teams will be invited to a vetting by LEI from 30 October to 1 November 2023.
Important Dates from HKSTP
|Nomination by University||October to November 2023|
|Nomination deadline & FYP proposal submission||3 November 2023|
|Shortlisting by HKSTP||6 to 10 November 2023|
|Panel assessment||16 to 17 November 2023|
|Result announcement||20 November 2023|
|Submission of HKSTP ideation application||30 November 2023|
|Programme kick-off||January 2024|
For more information, please contact the Programme Coordinator at 2616-8067 (Ms Aka Tsang) or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org