Lingnan Entrepreneurship Initiative (LEI)
Pre-incubation for Innovators and Entrepreneurs (PIE) Programme
The Pre-incubation for Innovators and Entrepreneurs (PIE) Programme is an ideation programme jointly organised by the Lingnan Entrepreneurship Initiative (LEI) and Hong Kong Science and Technology Park (HKSTP). Catered for early-stage start-ups, the programme aims at supporting young innovative leaders and aspiring entrepreneurs to transform their ideas into actions for a better society.
- Seed funding of up to HKD100,000: provided by HKSTP based on milestone accomplishment
- Capacity-building resources including but not limited to trainings and workshops in both business management as well as selected technical competencies
- Coaching, mentorship, and network
- Full-time students at LU, all levels and modes of study (UG, TPg, RPg) are welcomed; or
- Alumni who have graduated from the university within the past 3 years
Projects will be evaluated based on:
- Business model and development potential (30%)
- Social impact (30%)
- Innovativeness (20%)
- Individual or team competency (20%)
The submission deadline for 2024 Cohort is on 22 November 2023.
Shortlisted teams will be invited to attend an interview with LEI and HKSTP on 1 Dec 2023.
To prepare interested individuals and teams for 2024 Cohort application, the following workshops will be organised. All are encouraged to attend.
- Introduction to the PIE Programme by HKSTP: 25 Oct 2023, 17:00 - 18:00, LCH111. Register here.
- Ideas, Ideas, Ideas: 30 Oct 2023, 17:30 - 19:30, LKK207. Register here.
- Dollars & Sense: 6 Nov 2023, 17:30 - 19:30, LKK205. Register here.
- Critique Consulting: 13 Nov 2023, 17:30 - 19:30, LKK205. Register here.
For more information, please contact the Programme Coordinator at 2616-8067 (Ms Aka Tsang) or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org