University Policy on Environmental Sustainability
Lingnan University is committed to protecting the environment and ensuring sustainable development of the campus. The University strives to conserve natural resources, achieve energy efficiency, and reduce our environmental footprint.
The University is committed to:
- Pursuing four major decarbonisation strategies and measures, namely net-zero electricity generation, energy saving and green buildings, green transport and waste reduction, for achieving carbon neutrality before 2050
- Complying with applicable legal regulations and environmental standards
- Using resources in an environmentally responsible manner, increasing use of renewable energy sources and maximizing efficiency of energy use
- Adopting practices / tools to prevent and minimize waste and pollution
- Fostering the awareness on environmental protection and conservation within the University and wider community
- Integrating environmental considerations into the planning, design, construction and operations of our facilities.
Furthermore, Lingnan University supports the carbon neutrality and Sustainable Development Goals in response to The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development adopted by the United Nations.
For details, please refer to the document linked below:
Achievements & Recognitions
- Certificate of Merit for the Hong Kong Awards for Environmental Excellence (HKAEE)
- Hanson Grand Award in the category of Post-secondary Education
- Best Team Spirit Award across all categories
- Appreciation Certificate in 4Ts Charter
- Platinum Award in Charter on External Lighting
- Earth Hour
- No Air Con Night