Start-up fund for Entrepreneurship Project - Special Student Support Programme for 2020 Graduates
Special Student Support Programme AY2019-20
Start-up fund for Entrepreneurship Project
|Application Period||: 1 June – 15 September 2020|
|Job type||: Entrepreneurship Project|
|Eligibility*||: Graduates in ECO Major/CAPS/SPPS in BSS (Hons) Programme or Minor in Economics|
|Project Period||: 16 June 2020 – 15 June 2021|
|Duration of support||: 3 – 12 Months|
|Quotas||: Up to 10|
|Start-up fund||: HKD3,000 – HKD20,000|
*Gradates in CAPS/SPPS who took at least 5 stream required/elective courses offered by Economics Department
Terms & Conditions:
To promote entrepreneurships, the Department of Economics provides start-up fund to subsidy the projects.
- The purpose of the Start-up Fund is to provide support to our young graduates for starting of their business. The recipient can use the fund to run a startup in either for-profit or non-profit field.
- The project must be led by at least one full-time LU graduate as Project Leader (PL) and have at least one full-time academic staff member as project advisor.
- The ceiling of the fund for each project is $20,000.
- A project related to the PL’s academic discipline or demonstrate a broad application of interdisciplinary knowledge in the liberal arts curriculum would be in top priority.
- The duration of the support provided to the project should be within a year (i.e. 12 months).
- Other condition is subject to the determination by the Selection Panel of the Start-up Fund.
Applicants should send a cover letter with a resume, a personal statement and a detail proposal of the entrepreneurship project to the Department of Economics by email at econ@LN.edu.hk. Eligible applicant will be arranged to join an interview/project presentation within 2 weeks.
22 May 2020