Community Services Awards
Enquiries: Tel: 2616 7305 | Email: osa-finance@LN.edu.hk
The awards and scholarships will be awarded to students who have outstanding commitment, good leadership and achievement in community service:
- Lingnan Foundation W.T. Chan Fellowships Program
- Lingnan Education Organization Ambassadors Programme - Leadership and Service Scholarships
- Dr and Mrs James Tak Wu Awards for Outstanding Service for Students
- Evolot SS Lai Outstanding Student Scholarship
- Outstanding Service Awards for Tertiary Students
- United Nations Volunteers – Hong Kong Universities Volunteer Internship Programme
Lingnan Foundation W.T. Chan Fellowships Program
The Fellowship award will cover all aspects of the internship in United States, including international and domestic travel, housing, visa expenses, insurance, and a stipend to cover living expenses.
Lingnan Foundation W.T. Chan Fellows are selected on the basis of their commitment to service as well as their maturity, flexibility, experience, personal initiative and creativity. After their selection and orientation, each Fellow is assigned to work at a non-profit organization in the United States that addresses a critical social need. With support and guidance from program organizers, the internships are designed to help the Fellows gain practical experience in service work and inter-cultural cooperation. Fellows live in American homes for the full duration of the program. They also attend seminars on non-profit organization management and community development, cultural events, as well as mandatory weekly reflection meetings while in the United States.
All applicants must be currently enrolled as full-time students at Lingnan University at the time of application. Application is open to both undergraduate and postgraduate students, or graduating students who have been admitted to graduate programs. To be eligible for the Lingnan W.T. Chan Fellowships Program, all students must maintain their student status for Term 1, 2024-25. This means that candidates must return to the Lingnan University after the conclusion of the Fellowships Program and have at least one semester left of student status on your academic course (i.e. candidates cannot get graduated and then participate in the Lingnan W.T. Chan Fellowships Program).
For application form, details and submission system, please visit,
Application Deadline: 11:59 p.m., 17 December 2023 (Hong Kong Time)
Lingnan Education Organization Ambassadors Programme - Leadership and Service Scholarships
嶺南教育機構大使計劃 - 領導及服務獎學金
The Lingnan Education Organization will donate annual scholarships in recognition of students’ good academic performance, leadership qualities and involvement in community service.
The Scholarships shall be awarded to three (3) full-time undergraduate students who have demonstrated good leadership, good academic performance and have made notable contributions to Lingnan University and the community.
The Scholarships shall be open for application to all full-time undergraduate students of UGC funded-programmes.
Three awardees will receive HK$8,000 cash award each.
The shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a selection interview to be held in late February/early March.
Application deadline: 5p.m., 3 February 2023. Please click here for application details.
Dr and Mrs James Tak Wu Awards for Outstanding Service for Students
The Dr and Mrs James Tak Wu Awards for Outstanding Service was set up in 1998 with the generous donation from Dr and Mrs James Tak Wu. The award is made to recognize and reward students who have consistently demonstrated outstanding service to the University or community.
- Full-time undergraduate / postgraduate students
- HK$5,000 and a trophy
- Outstanding service to the general community
- Outstanding service to professional / academic community
- Outstanding contribution to the University
- Good interpersonal relationships
Procedure of Application / Nomination
- Application by students concerned; or
- Nomination by heads of units, faculty members or fellow students
- All nominations must have the consent of the nominees concerned.
The selection procedures of the Awards are posted on the University webpage through the following link: http://www.ln.edu.hk/occbga/activities/jtw
Applicants please submit the application form with the supporting documents to email@example.com on or before the deadline.
Application deadline: 5 p.m., 3 February 2023. Late application will not be considered.
- The shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a selection interview in February / March 2023.
Evolot SS Lai Outstanding Student Scholarship
Year 2 or above full-time local undergraduate students (enrolled in UGC-funded programmes) who have made contributions to the community during the year(s) of study and have achieved good academic performance with cumulative G.P.A. 3.1 or above
Two awardees will receive HK$10,000 cash award each
- Student has consistently demonstrated outstanding service to the community.
- Outstanding academic performance
- Good interpersonal relationships
Shortlisted applicants are required to attend an interview with the University in February / March 2023.
Application deadline: 5p.m., 2 February 2023. Please click here for application details.
Outstanding Service Awards for Tertiary Students
Hong Kong Student Services Association
Hong Kong Outstanding Tertiary Students' Services Association
The Outstanding Service Awards for Tertiary Students (“Award”) were introduced in 1991 to recognize tertiary students with outstanding leadership and significant contribution to the community. The award selection is co-organized by the Hong Kong Student Services Association (“HKSSA”) and the Hong Kong Outstanding Tertiary Students’ Services Association (“HKOTSSA”). Around 20 students are selected each year.
- All students enrolled in full-time University Grants Committee (“UGC”) undergraduate programmes.
- Previous awardees and incoming exchange students are NOT eligible for the Award.
- Selection criteria:
- Proven record of leadership experiences and organizational skills;
- Outstanding contribution to fellow students, schools/institutions and/or the community;
- Active participation in extra-curricular activities; and
- Satisfactory results in public examinations and current academic studies.
- Details will be announced in due course.
For more information, please visit, http://www.hkotssa.org.hk/
United Nations Volunteers – Hong Kong Universities Volunteer Internship Programme
聯合國義工計劃組織 – 香港大學生義工實習計劃
With a view to furthering youth volunteerism, the United Nations Volunteers – Hong Kong Universities Volunteer Internship Programme, funded by Home Affairs Bureau, was launched by Agency for Volunteer Service (AVS), with support from Hong Kong Volunteers Association and Peace and Development Foundation. It allows local university undergraduates to participate in a 6-month assignment under the UN Youth Volunteer modality serving under UN field units or agencies in South East and Central Asia.
Duration: 6 months
Locations: UN agencies / field units in South East and Central Asia
Service Scope: health and education; disaster risk reduction in the area of environment; youth issues and other areas with focus on information technology
Job Duties: administrative support, monitoring and evaluation, communications and outreach, etc.
Eligibility of Volunteers
- at the time of application, enrolled in an undergraduate full degree programme in one of the partner universities
- Hong Kong resident aged between 18-29 and recommended by the university with good reference
- able to fulfill the required commitment of the Programme
- commitment to global peace and development
- proficiency in spoken and written English; knowledge of other languages of the working destination will be an asset
- volunteering experience in or out of Hong Kong
Commitment of Volunteers
- participate in pre-departure training in Hong Kong and orientation in the duty station
- complete a 6-month assignment
- submit final report on the assignment
- participate in post-assignment de-briefing
- share experience and inspirations gained from the assignment
Financial Support to Volunteers
The following expenses will be fully funded:
- round trip travel costs from Hong Kong to duty station
- monthly living allowance
- health / life insurance
(This programme has been currently put on hold due to COVID-19 pandemic. More information of the programme will be announced in due course.)