Accommodation Options for Self-funded Postgraduate Students
*Please click HERE for Accommodation Options for Self-funded Undergraduate Students
On Campus Student Hostels Application
Limited on-campus student hostel places are available for self-funded postgraduate students. The University has approved to set aside certain number of hostel places for full-time self-funded PG students. The School of Graduate Studies (GS) will coordinate with the Programme Offices for hostel quota. Students should contact their programme offices for hostel application and allocation details. For room assignment details, students could contact Office of Student Affairs (OSA) at (852) 2616-7333 or email osa-hostel@LN.edu.hk. More details of on-campus student hostel is available in the website: https://www.ln.edu.hk/osa/hostel
Jao Tsung-I Academy's Heritage Lodge
In addition to on campus hostel accommodation, Lingnan offers postgraduate students a reasonably priced option of staying at Jao Tsung-I Academy’s Heritage Lodge, a historic landmark in Kowloon, located at Lai Chi Kok, only 10 minutes' walk to and from the Mei Foo MTR Station.
- Monthly rate per person: HK$12,320 for a single room, HK$6,600 for a twin room, HK$6,000 for a three-person room and HK$19,800 for a suite single room.
- Each room contains a bed(s), a desk(s), a swivel office chair(s), a wardrobe(s) and a bathroom with shower.
- Monthly fees include water, electricity, WIFI, and weekly room cleaning.
- Students have access to the common room, which has a television set.
- The lease runs for 11 months, and the lease and payment details will be prepared by Heritage Lodge.
- Location: 800 Castle Peak Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong (Map)
For the latest room rates and package offer, students are advised to contact firstname.lastname@example.org of JTIA.
For more details of the JTIA-Heritage Lodge, please refer to https://ln.edu.hk/sgs/jtia-hostel/index.html
Tips and Guidelines: Off-Campus Living
Rental Tips and Guidelines
Students may refer to the following link and handbook prepared by the Estate Agents Authority (EAA) for the legal and proper procedures when renting a flat in Hong Kong.
(CHI & ENG)
Some Registered Property Agencies in Hong Kong
Property transactions/ rental in Hong Kong can be made directly between the vendor/landlord and the purchase/tenant, but the parties usually appoint estate agents to list/search properties and complete the deal. The Agent / Agency Company could provide updated market information, legal advice and facilitate the house renting process and liaison between landlord and tenant. Commission fee will be charged and a half-month rental is commonly required.
In Hong Kong, the rights of landlords and tenants are protected by the Landlord and Tenant (Consolidation) Ordinance, which is administered by the Rating and Valuation Department. On the other hand, the practice of estate agents is regulated by the Estate Agents Authority (EAA).
Major Real Estate Agents in Hong Kong:
|Centaline Property Agency Limited 中原地產代理有限公司 Estate Agent's License (Company) License No.: C- 000227
|Midland Realty International Limited 美聯物業代理有限公司 Estate Agent's License (Company) License No.: C- 000982
|Many Wells Property Agent Ltd祥益地產代理有限公司 Estate Agent's License (Company) License No.: C- 016897
|Ricacorp Properties Limited 利嘉閣地產有限公司 Estate Agent's License (Company) License No.: C-002504
|香港置業物業代理有限公司 Estate Agent's License (Company) License No. C-018893
Possible Off-campus Accommodation Options alongside the Tuen Ma Line MTR route
For off-campus rental accommodation, students may consider private housing nearby the University or housing options alongside the Tuen Ma Line (屯馬綫) MTR route. Please refer to the following LINK (English version) or 連結(中文版) for more information.
- Caritas Hostel - Domus Fidei https://www.caritas.org.hk/en/service/hospitality/location
- Contented Living安怡居(Serviced Apartment) in Sham Shui Po https://www.contentedlivings.com/
- Uni Hall尚學苑(Serviced Apartment) in Sham Shui Po https://www.unihall.com.hk/zh/
- Contented Living安怡居(Serviced Apartment) in Hung Hom https://www.contentedlivings.com/
- Y.X Y83 (Non-university operated student accommodation) https://ydotx.com/locations/y83/
- Grand Bay View Hotel (Student Accommodation and Serviced Apartment) LINK (info prepared by the hotel)
- Royal View Hotel (Long Stay Offer) LINK (info prepared by the hotel)
- Harbour Plaza Resort City Tin Shui Wai (Monthly Rental Special Rate) LINK (info prepared by the hotel)
- Home2 Youth Hostel Leaflet / Website (info prepared by the Youth Hostel)
Disclaimer: This is a service provided by the Office of Student Affairs (OSA) of the Lingnan University in sole purpose of information giving. The University has no relationships and involvements with the private rental properties and property agencies mentioned, and the University would not take any responsibility about the content of their websites. Student should check their website and contact them directly for the most updated information including rates and accommodation packages.
Online Seminar to Raise Students’ Anti-scam Awareness
To enhance students’ anti-scam awareness, the Hong Kong Police Force will organise an online seminar for Lingnan students in early July 2023 to introduce various scam tricks used by scammers and the prevention tips. Application Deadline: 3 July 2023 (Monday), 12nn (Zoom link of the seminar will be provided via the confirmation of registration email.) Details are as follows:
|5 July 2023 (Wednesday)
Students' Sharing regarding Tips of Renting Off-campus Accommodation
Tips to Prevent Telephone and Rental Scams
Other Useful Links and Resources
The Estate Agents Authority 地產代理監管局
Notes on Appointing Estate Agents 委託地產代理須知
Be a SMART in appointing estate agents 精明委託地產代理
This is a service provided by the Office of Student Affairs (OSA) of the Lingnan University in sole purpose of information giving. The University has no relationships and involvements with the private rental properties and property agencies mentioned, and the University would not take any responsibility about the content of their websites. Student should check their website and contact them directly for the most updated information including rates and accommodation packages.