Skip to Main Content
Liberal Arts Education Transformation For Life Emerald Publishing
Start main Content

Student Hostel

Accommodation Options for Self-funded Undergraduate Students

On Campus Student Hostels Application

Limited on-campus student hostel places are available for self-funded undergraduate students. The University has approved to set aside certain number of hostel places for full-time self-funded UG students. Students should contact their programme offices for hostel application and allocation details. For room assignment details, students could contact Office of Student Affairs (OSA) at (852) 2616-7368 or email More details of on-campus student hostel is available in the website: 


Tips and Guidelines: Off-Campus Living

Rental Tips and Guidelines
Students may refer to the following link and handbook prepared by the Estate Agents Authority (EAA) for the legal and proper procedures when renting a flat in Hong Kong. 

Tenancy Guide For Non-local Students in Hong Kong

Tenancy Guide For Non-local Students in Hong Kong

非本地學生在香港租屋指南 PDF

(CHI & ENG) 


A Guide to Tenancy

A Guide to Tenancy PDF

安心租屋指南 PDF

Notes on Signing a Tenancy Agreement

Notes on Signing a Tenancy Agreement PDF

訂立租約須知 PDF



Some Registered Property Agencies in Hong Kong

Property transactions/ rental in Hong Kong can be made directly between the vendor/landlord and the purchase/tenant, but the parties usually appoint estate agents to list/search properties and complete the deal. The Agent / Agency Company could provide updated market information, legal advice and facilitate the house renting process and liaison between landlord and tenant. Commission fee will be charged and a half-month rental is commonly required.

In Hong Kong, the rights of landlords and tenants are protected by the Landlord and Tenant (Consolidation) Ordinance, which is administered by the Rating and Valuation Department. On the other hand, the practice of estate agents is regulated by the Estate Agents Authority (EAA). 

Major Real Estate Agents in Hong Kong:

Company Name Website Contact Email
Centaline Property Agency Limited 中原地產代理有限公司 Estate Agent's License (Company) License No.: C- 000227 Website Email
Midland Realty International Limited 美聯物業代理有限公司 Estate Agent's License (Company) License No.: C- 000982 Website Email
Many Wells Property Agent Ltd祥益地產代理有限公司 Estate Agent's License (Company) License No.: C- 016897 Website Email
Ricacorp Properties Limited 利嘉閣地產有限公司 Estate Agent's License (Company) License No.: C-002504 Website Email
香港置業物業代理有限公司 Estate Agent's License (Company) License No. C-018893 Website Email


Possible Off-campus Accommodation Options alongside the Tuen Ma Line MTR route

For off-campus rental accommodation, students may consider private housing nearby the University or housing options alongside the Tuen Ma Line (屯馬綫) MTR route. Please refer to the following LINK (English version) PDF or 連結(中文版) PDF for more information. 


Online Seminar to Enhance Students’ Anti-scam Awareness

In order to enhance students’ anti-scam awareness, the Hong Kong Police Force has organized an online seminar to introduce different defrauding tricks used by scammers and the preventive tips.  Application Deadline: 6 July 2022 (Wednesday), 12:00 nn (Zoom link of the seminar will be provided via the confirmation of registration email.) Details are as follows:

Date: 8 July 2022 (Friday)
Time: 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Mode: Online (Zoom)
Language Putonghua

talks on anti-scam awareness


Students' Sharing regarding Tips of Renting Off-campus Accommodation


Tips to Prevent Telephone and Rental Scams

Tips to Prevent Telephone & Rental Scams

Tips to Prevent Telephone and Rental Scams PDF

来港生活防骗攻略(电话及租房) PDF


Other Useful Links and Resources

The Estate Agents Authority 地產代理監管局




Notes on Appointing Estate Agents 委託地產代理須知



Be a SMART in appointing estate agents 精明委託地產代理





This is a service provided by the Office of Student Affairs (OSA) of the Lingnan University in sole purpose of information giving. The University has no relationships and involvements with the private rental properties and property agencies mentioned, and the University would not take any responsibility about the content of their websites. Student should check their website and contact them directly for the most updated information including rates and accommodation packages.