Update on Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Preventive Measures (7 January 2022) (只有英文版)
Following the latest announcement made by the HKSAR Government, the Health, Safety and Environment Committee would like to update colleagues and students on the following:
1. Government tightens social distancing measures in view of latest epidemic situation
In view of the development of COVID-19 epidemic situation in Hong Kong, the Government will tighten social distancing measures from January 7 to January 20 with a view to containing the epidemic as early as possible:
- From 6pm to 4.59am of the subsequent day, catering business must cease selling or supplying food or drink for consumption on the premises of the business. Maximum number of persons per table for catering premises under Types B, C and D Modes of Operation will be reduced to two, four and six respectively.
- Bars or pubs, amusement game centres, bathhouses, fitness centres, places of amusement, places of public entertainment, party rooms, beauty parlours, clubs or nightclubs, karaoke establishments, mahjong-tin kau premises, massage establishments, sports premises, swimming pools, cruise ships and event premises must be closed.
- Cessation of mass events.
For details, please refer to: https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/202201/05/P2022010500859.htm
2. Further expansion of COVID-19 vaccination arrangements
The COVID-19 Vaccination Programme has been further expanded starting from 1 January 2022. The arrangements are as follows:
- extension of the opening hours of nine of the 10 Community Vaccination Centres (CVCs) to enable members of the public to receive a third dose of the COVID-19 vaccine;
- provision of a third dose vaccination service to all eligible persons who have received two doses of the BioNTech vaccine with the second dose received six months ago;
- provision of a second dose vaccination service to persons who have recovered from previous COVID-19 infection; and
- provision of a second dose BioNTech vaccination service to persons aged 12 to 17.
If members still have hesitation on getting vaccination due to personal health condition, you are recommended to seek advice from your family doctors or review the expert opinion at https://www.covidvaccine.gov.hk/en/chronicDiseases.
For details, please refer to
COVID-19 Vaccination Programme (covidvaccine.gov.hk)
3. Health Advice
All members of the Lingnan community are advised at all times to maintain strict personal and environmental hygiene, which is the key to personal protection against infection and prevention of the spread of the disease in the community. Special attention to the following highlights is required:
- All members shall wear masks on campus including indoor and outdoor at all times. It is important to wear a mask properly, including hand hygiene before wearing and after removing a mask. In case wearing mask is not feasible, for example when having meal or shower, please keep at least 1.5 meters distance from others.
Masks with exhalation valve or vents which allow exhaling air to escape should not be used due to the fact that exhaled air are unfiltered and may pose a risk to surrounding people if the wearer is infected with COVID-19 or other respiratory infectious diseases.
- All members are urged to stay home to the extent possible, avoid going out unless necessary, dine out less often, reduce the frequency of all mask-off activities, and stop all unnecessary social activities, especially meal gatherings across family bubbles and friends.
- Under Cap.599I, any person who is entering or present in public place cannot take off their mask for smoking. The scope of reasonable excuses for taking-off mask under Cap.599I does not include smoking. Smokers are more likely to touch their mask and face with their hands during smoking, leading to increased chance of infection. Besides, smoking damages lungs and weakens immunity. Smokers who have contracted COVID-19 are more likely to develop severe complications. We appeal to all members to avoid smoking in public places, including along the bridge connecting Main Campus and SEK Campus and Pan Sutong Sports Ground, and to quit smoking whenever possible. For information on smoking and COVID-19, please visit the website of the Tobacco and Alcohol Control Office or dial Quit line 1833 183.
- All members shall check your body temperature before coming back to campus. If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever, respiratory symptoms or sudden loss of taste or smell, you should seek medical advice promptly and not come back campus for classes or work.
- To assist contact tracing, keep a diary of your schedule, for example, the places you visited and the name of people you had close contact on campus. You may also use the “LeaveHomeSafe” mobile app to keep your visit records.
For information on COVID-19, please refer to the following links:
- HKSAR’s Thematic webpage on COVID-19 at: www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/index.html
- Webpage of Health, Safety and Environment Committee https://www.ln.edu.hk/hse
- Webpage on Mental Health Infostation at the following link:
- Online Health Declaration Form: all students and staff shall complete this before coming to campus or when there is any change in status after last submission.
- COVID-19 Vaccination & Testing Record System for Student Residents
In the academic year 2021/22, student residents are required to submit the vaccination record or testing record to the Online System. Please login the Online System via myLingnanPortal (myLingnanPortal > Student Services > COVID-19 Vaccination & Testing Record System for Student Residents).
If you are suspected or confirmed as infected or required to stay in the “restricted area” for COVID-19 test or under mandatory quarantine or compulsory testing notice, please notify your department / office or any of the following teams as soon as possible:
Thank you for your kind attention.
Chairman, Health, Safety and Environment Committee