Learning and Teaching Services
Online Video Platform - Panopto
Panopto is an easy-to-use lecture capture system. This software is installed on all classroom computers and staff computers on campus. Staff member can also requested to have it download and installed on personal computer.
You can use Panopto to:
- Record your lectures so that your students can review them later.
- Flip your classroom by creating mini-lectures for your students to watch before their classes.
- Record your students’ presentations.
- Record talks by guests.
How to Access?
1. Login to Portal > IT Corner, click on Panopto block, OR
2. Direct Login: https://lingnan.ap.panopto.com, choose "Lingnan Portal"
What can you record with Panopto?
If you use Powerpoint or Keynote, Panopto creates a table of contents for your students with searchable index of your presentation. This allows your students to search your video presentation for any word mentioned on your slides.
Audio & Video
You can record with Panopto from any computer with the Panopto software. However, recording quality is generally better in rooms with built-in video equipment.
Video Retention Policy:
Effective from Jan 2022, video and related content such as bookmarks and comments are kept on Panopto’s servers for a period of three years since last viewed. After that, video will be moved to the Archive Folder.
Archived videos can remain in the Archive indefinitely but must be restored before they can be viewed. Creators are able to access the Archive from the System menu to restore content. Viewers can open a video from search results to begin restoration.
- Restoration of an archived video can take up to 48 hours.
- All users can restore a video for viewing.
- Archived videos will still be associated with a folder in the library, but will not display within that folder list view.
- If a video is restored, it will appear in its original folder once it is ready to view.
Instructions on: How to Restore Panopto Video from Archive Folder