Update on Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Preventive Measures (23 October 2020) (只有英文版)
2020 年 10 月 23 日
HSE Committee would like to update colleagues and students on the following:
Extension of Social Distancing Measures under Prevention and Control of Disease Ordinance
As there were cases with unknown sources of infection among the additional confirmed cases reported last week, the Government has extended the effective period of the prevailing social distancing measures till 29 October 2020. For details, please refer to the press release:
Seasonal Influenza Vaccination
Centre for Health Protection (CHP) reminded the public that influenza viruses and the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 will possibly both spread in the coming winter influenza season. A person getting influenza and COVID-19 at the same time may be more seriously ill. Getting an influenza vaccine during 2020/21 is important. For details, please refer to the press release:
Specified Conditions Imposed on Inbound Travellers
Under Prevention and Control of Disease (Regulation of Cross-boundary Conveyances and Travellers) Regulation (Cap.599H), an inbound traveller who, on the day on which the traveller boarded a civil aviation aircraft that arrives at, or is about to arrive at Hong Kong (specified aircraft), or during the 14 days before that day, has stayed in any specified place Bangladesh, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Nepal, Pakistan, the Philippines, South Africa, the United States of America, the United Kingdom, and France and Russia (with effect from 26 Oct 2020) must provide the relevant documents and undergo mandatory quarantine at the listed hotels. For details including the latest conditions and the listed hotels, please visit the website: https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/high-risk-places.html
It is understood that various stakeholders might wish to organize events on campus, which can be a challenge to proper social distancing. To reduce the risk of the spread of the virus, event organizers should assess the risk of hosting such events, including the nature and scale of the events, and alternative ways/formats of hosting the events instead of group gathering. It is strongly advised that group gatherings should be avoided and any events involving catering should NOT be conducted.
If the event should be arranged, event organizers must observe the current government policy on social distancing and health advice issued by the Centre for Health Protection (CHP) and our University. If meal should be offered to participants without other alternatives, please provide pre-packaged boxes or bags for all participants whenever possible; buffet or family-style meal is not recommended. Event organizers should remind participants not to have face-to-face communication with each other when having meal without wearing a mask. Meal sharing should be prohibited.
Event organizers should keep the contact list of all attendees, including staff members, to facilitate contact tracing by the authorities in case any suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 is identified.
- All colleagues, students, contractors and visitors shall wear masks on campus, including indoor or outdoor areas, in offices and hostel blocks especially in common facilities and lifts.
- All stakeholders shall use mask which over and covering the person’s nose and mouth, touching the person’s nose, chin and cheeks, in compliance with the Prevention and Control of Disease (Wearing of Mask) Regulation (Cap.599I). The standard of mask includes any covering designed or made (a) to be worn over the nose and mouth (b) to provide the wearer protection against infections.
- To protect our cleaners and other users, all stakeholders shall dispose the mask properly.
- All stakeholders shall avoid participating in any activities / events without wearing a mask.
- As the supply of masks is stable in market now, colleagues and students are advised to purchase masks for their own use. The stock of the University will be reserved for emergency.
For information on COVID-19, please refer to the following links:
- Webpage of Health, Safety and Environment Committee https://www.ln.edu.hk/hse
- HKSAR’s Thematic webpage on COVID-19 at:
- Webpage on Mental Health Infostation at the following link:
If you are being suspected or confirmed infected or under mandatory quarantine, please notify your department / office or any of the following teams:
Thank you for your kind attention.
Chairman, Health, Safety and Environment Committee