First Term Examinations 2021-22
29 Oct 2021
1. Examination Timetable, 1st Term 2021-22
The Examination Timetable for the 1st Term 2021-22 is now accessible on the Registry homepage (https://www.ln.edu.hk/f/upload/53485/exam_timetable.pdf). You can view your own examination timetable through the University Portal (see Notes appended for procedures) or via the LU Mobile App.
To facilitate your access to examination seat numbers for on-campus exams, we have arranged to post up your seat number in your online personalised Exam Timetable 2 hours before the commencement of an examination. You may also check your seat number at the covered foyer of the Patrick Lee Wan Keung Academic Building and outside the examination venue before the commencement of an examination or via the LU Mobile App.
2. Contingency Arrangements
Please reserve 23 December 2021 (Thursday) for examinations postponed due to extenuating circumstances.
3. Points to Note for On-Campus Examinations
3.1 Precautionary Measures against COVID-19
Please pay attention to the following important points when taking on-campus examinations.
- You should prepare and wear your own mask when entering the campus. If you do not have a mask, you can get one at access points.
- Maintain social distance, including when you are queueing for access to the examination venue.
- Before entering the examination venue, you must perform hand hygiene by using your own alcohol sanitiser-gel or the sanitiser provided at the entrance of the examination venue; and
3.2 Leaving Examination Venue Temporarily During Examination
If you wish to leave the examination venue temporarily during the examination (e.g. to visit the washroom), you should:
- raise your hand and wait for an invigilator to seek permission for temporary departure from the examination venue;
- wait until an invigilator of the same gender is assigned to accompany you throughout your absence from the examination venue; and
- write down the departure time and returning time on a record form.
Before leaving the venue, you should have placed your personal belongings (including electronic/communication devices e.g. mobile phones)* under your chair in a position visible to invigilators. A student possessing or using any unauthorised materials is considered to be committing academic misconduct. If you leave the examination venue without permission, you will not be re-admitted to the examination room and your script will be immediately. It should be highlighted that normally at most two students are allowed to leave the examination venue at one time and the students need to wait until there are suitable invigilators to accompany them.
* Students should refrain from bringing along valuables to the examination venues.
3.3 Arrangements for the Deposit of Students’ Personal Belongings
You are allowed to put approved stationery and materials on the desks during examinations. Other personal belongings (including any electronic/communication devices) should be put under your chairs in a position visible to the invigilators, and those electronic/communication devices must be switched off. The Chief Invigilator has the authority to ask a student with a ringing mobile phone to leave the examination venue and the student will not be allowed to return.
4. Suspension of Web Transcript
Web transcript will be temporarily suspended for grade processing from 7 to 13 January 2022. Access to the web transcript will be resumed w.e.f. 14 January 2022 when the preliminary assessment results are available.
5. Examination Arrangements in Relation to Typhoon and Rainstorm Warnings
For examination arrangements in relation to typhoon and rainstorm warnings, please visit the Registry homepage (https://ln.edu.hk/f/upload/44088/badweather_arr.pdf).
6. Important Dates to Note
You may wish to note that the following important dates have been announced on the Registry homepage (https://ln.edu.hk/reg/undergraduate-programmes/important-dates) and students’ personalised exam timetables.
i. Preliminary assessment results will be released on 14 January 2022.
ii. Appeals for review of grades and reassessment must be made between 14 and 28 January 2022.
iii. Appeals against the discontinuation of studies should be submitted to the Registry between 31 January and 7 February 2022.
iv. Confirmed results and academic standing will be released on 7 February 2022.
Finally, please be reminded that when attending examinations, you should observe the Instructions to Candidates (https://ln.edu.hk/f/upload/44268/itc.pdf) and Regulations Governing University Examinations and Course Work (https://www.ln.edu.hk/f/upload/57867/arue21.pdf). Any breach of regulations may constitute cases of cheating and result in disciplinary actions.
For enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your attention.
1. Log on to “myLingnan Portal”.
2. Click on the “Academics” tab.
3. Click on the “Student Records and Examinations” link under the “Banner Self-Services for Academics” sub-menu to view personalised timetable.