Update on Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Preventive Measures (4 August 2021) (只有英文版)
Following the latest announcement made by the HKSAR Government, the Health, Safety and Environment Committee would like to update colleagues and students on the following:
Maintaining the Social Distancing Measures under Prevention and Control of Disease Ordinance (Cap.599)
As the Delta mutant strain has posed incredible challenges to local anti-epidemic efforts, the Government expressed a need for Hong Kong to build up a double barrier against COVID-19 by strengthening measures on preventing importation of cases and enhancing vaccination rate. The existing social distancing measures will be maintained.
- Catering business and scheduled premises: The existing requirements and restrictions will be maintained. All catering business must operate according to one of the operating modes among Types A, B, C and D Mode of Operation. For the list of Type C and D Mode of catering premises, please refer to the website of Food and Environmental Hygiene Department. https://www.fehd.gov.hk/english/events/covid19/vaccine_bubble_locations.html
- Mask-wearing requirement: The mandatory mask-wearing requirement under Cap. 599I will remain valid.
- Group gathering: Group gathering with more than four persons in public places will be prohibited.
For details, please refer to the press release:
Specified Conditions Imposed on Inbound Travellers
The Government will tighten the border control measures for overseas inbound travellers based on "vaccine bubble" to prevent the importation of cases. The new measures will take effect from 9 August 2021. Under the new measures, the Government will re-categorise overseas places into high-risk, medium-risk and low-risk groups taking into account a basket of factors, including public health considerations (such as epidemic situation in particular places, testing rate, vaccination rate, volume of travellers and actual imported cases), and other local socio-economic factors. Boarding, quarantine and testing requirements will be implemented based on risk levels. For colleagues and students coming back Hong Kong from overseas, please check and comply with the boarding and quarantine requirements carefully before planning your trip to Hong Kong.
For details including the latest conditions and the listed hotels, please visit the websites:
With the support from the Lingnan community, the University has arranged group booking for vaccination for our colleagues, students and outsourced staff members in July and August. For those who have not yet been vaccinated, you can make reservations through the online booking system on the designated website of the COVID-19 Vaccination Programme (www.covidvaccine.gov.hk) for receiving vaccines at 29 CVCs and 26 general out-patient clinics of the Hospital Authority. You can also make appointments for vaccination with private doctors or clinics participating in the programme.
For visitors who are holding valid travel documents and have to continue to stay in Hong Kong owing to the COVID-19 epidemic, they can bring their travel documents and the landing slip or extension of stay label (applicable to other visitors with extension of stay) issued by the Immigration Department to any post office (except mobile post offices) during office hours and the staff will assist them in making appointments for completing two doses of vaccination in the Community Vaccination Centres within their limit of stay.
For details, please refer to:
COVID-19 Vaccination Programme thematic website: https://www.covidvaccine.gov.hk/en/
Online booking system:
All members of the Lingnan community are advised at all times to maintain strict personal and environmental hygiene, which is the key to personal protection against infection and prevention of the spread of the disease in the community.
- All members are advised to keep social distancing from others, reduce the frequency of mask-off activities and maintain personal hygiene.
- To assist contact tracing, keep a diary of your schedule, for example, write down the taxi license plate number you take. You may also use the “LeaveHomeSafe” mobile app to keep your visit records.
- All members should wear mask as far as feasible and keep appropriate social distance with others when in common facilities (e.g. common room, conference room, pantry etc.). In case wearing mask is not feasible, for example when having meal or shower or performing heavy manual work, please keep at least 1.5 meters distance from others.
For information on COVID-19, please refer to the following links:
- Webpage of Health, Safety and Environment Committee https://www.ln.edu.hk/hse
- HKSAR’s Thematic webpage on COVID-19 at: www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/index.html
- Webpage on Mental Health Infostation at the following link:
- Online Health Declaration Form: all students and staff shall complete this before coming to campus or when there is any change in status after last submission.
- COVID-19 Vaccination & Testing Record System for Student Residents
In the academic year 2021/22, student residents are required to submit the vaccination record or testing record to the Online System. Please login the Online System via myLingnanPortal (myLingnanPortal > Student Services > COVID-19 Vaccination & Testing Record System for Student Residents).
If you are suspected or confirmed as infected or required to stay in the “restricted area” for COVID-19 test or under mandatory quarantine or compulsory testing notice, please notify your department / office or any of the following teams as soon as possible:
Thank you for your kind attention.
Chairman, Health, Safety and Environment Committee