University Student Finance Scheme
The scheme offers bursaries and/or interest-free loan to assist full-time University Grant Committee-funded local students who face financial hardship or whose financial needs cannot be adequately covered by Government financial assistance. They should be students of the University in both the last and the current academic year.
The bursaries / loans are donated by private organizations and individuals. The offer of financial assistance is based on the financial circumstances of applicants and the criteria stipulated by individual donor. In some circumstances, the students’ field of studies and academic performance may also be taken into consideration.
Ms. Phyllis Fung / Ms. Collia Law
Office of Student Affairs
Telephone: 2616 7308 / 2616 7305
Application deadline is 8 October 2020. Please click here for application. Late application will not be considered.
Bursaries and Loans available
(1) Apple Grant
- The Apple Daily Charitable Foundation donates bursaries totaling HK$5,000.
(2) Dr. Charles Chan Hostel Bursaries
- Dr. Charles Chan donates fifty bursaries of HK$5,000 each to needy hostel residents per annum.
(3) Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants Bursaries
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants donates four bursaries of HK$5,000 each to students in Accounting with satisfactory academic result.
(4) Hsin Chong- K. N. Godfrey Yeh Education Fund Bursaries
新昌 - 葉庚年教育基金助學金
- The Incorporated Trustees of Hsin Chong – K. N. Godfrey Yeh Education Fund donates 24 bursaries of HK$8,000 each.
(5) Lingnan Club Bursaries
- Lingnan Club donates two bursaries of HK$5,000 each.
(6) Lingnan University Alumni Association (HK) Bursary
- Lingnan University Alumni Association donates multiple bursaries totaling $30,000.
(7) Lo Kwee Seong Foundation Bursaries
- Lo Kwee Seong Foundation donates twelve bursaries of HK$6,000 each to financially needy students who have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 in the last academic year.
(8) Miss Leung Pui Han Bursary
- Miss Leung Pui Han Scholarship Fund donates one bursary of HK$25,000 to a student with good academic performance.
(9) Miss Li Ching Memorial Fund
- Miss Li Ching Memorial Fund donates multiple bursaries of HK$1,200 each to disabled students to purchase rehabilitative equipment.
(10) Mr. Francis Lui Hostel Bursaries
- Mr. Francis Lui donates multiple bursaries of HK$5,000 each per annum to needy hostel residents from the interest income of an endowment fund.
(11) Mr. Sin Cho Ming Hostel Bursaries
- Mr. Sin Cho Ming donates multiple bursaries of HK$5,000 each per annum to needy hostel residents from the interest income of an endowment fund.
(12) Providence Foundation Bursaries
- The Providence Foundation donates multiple bursaries of HK$6,000 - HK$15,000 to needy students with good academic performance.
(13) The Yuen Yuen Institute Bursaries
- The Yuen Yuen Institute donates multiple bursaries totaling $20,000 to hostel residents.
(14) Tsim Sha Tsui District Kai Fong Welfare Association Bursary
- Tsim Sha Tsui District Kai Fong Welfare Association donates a bursary of HK$5,000 per annum for a period of twenty years with effect from 2004-05.
(15) Zheng Ge Ru Foundation Bursaries
- Zheng Ge Ru Foundation donates multiple bursaries totaling $160,000 to financially needy students.
(1) Hong Kong Rotary Club Students' Loan Fund
(2) Sing Tao Charitable Foundation Students’ Loan Fund
(3) Winsor Education Foundation Student Loan
- Winsor Education Foundation donates a number of loans totalling HK$250,000.