Career Advising Services
Government Post-Secondary Student Summer Internship Programme
The Hong Kong Government offers summer internship placement opportunities for local full-time undergraduate students (who are permanent residents of Hong Kong) every year, and requests the University to submit nomination for their departmental internship programmes. Since places are limited and the demand is high, we have to introduce the following nomination policy and application procedures.
The policy and procedures introduced here (refers only to internship programmes that require the University to submit nomination) aim to provide a fair and equal chance to all eligible applicants in receiving nomination from the University.
All available summer internship places suitable for Lingnan students will be posted in the Job Information Platform (JIP). Please check JIP regularly for the update.
If you are interested in any of the summer internship places posted, please follow the procedures below for application:
- Download Application form here. Your application form should be TYPED.
OSA will NOT distribute hard copies of the application form.
- You must mark the following on the TOP LEFT HAND CORNER of the application form:
- Lingnan Student No.
- Study Programme & Stream - e.g. BBA - Marketing
- Year of Study
- Submit your TYPED & COMPLETED application form by dropping it into the Summer Job Collection Box located in OSA for the respective government departments before the application deadline set by OSA. DO NOT submit any additional information unless otherwise stated. Late / Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Please observe that you are restricted to submit ONLY ONE application per department on the same JIP post. In other words, even if the department offers many positions, you can only choose ONE post.
Selection and Nomination of Candidates:
After the closing date of each government department's summer internship programme, all application forms received will be checked. Application forms with missing data, and those who failed to observe the requirements as stated in the job notice, will NOT be processed.
Paper vetting will be conducted and ballots will then be drawn for each summer internship place from the pool of qualified applicants to decide on the list of nominees.
To ensure that every eligible applicant has equal chance to receive nomination from the University, students will only be nominated once. That means if you are nominated for Department A's internship, you will have lower chance of being nominated for Department B's. Unless there is no suitable candidate and you are the single qualified applicant, OSA career officers may decide otherwise.
There may be circumstances that the ballot system would not be the best way to decide on the list of nominees. The Career Advising Services team of the Office of Student Affairs, acting on behalf of the employer, has full discretion to decide on the final outcome of the nomination. This type of situation may arise if the employer is looking for a type of experience that requires us to screen or interview applicants in order to select the most qualified candidate.
Announcement of Nomination Results:
Announcement of the nomination results will be posted HERE. The nomination list would be updated regularly and no mass email will be sent.
If you have questions with the above, please contact OSA - Career Advising Services:
|Mr Edwin Fok||Tel: 2616-7408|
|Ms Sara Chow||
|Ms Eliza Chan||Tel: 2616-7406|
(Last updated on 15/1/2020)