Career Advising Services
Lingnanian Executive Mentoring Programme (LEMP)
In an ever-changing and competitive society, university students have to equip themselves for their future careers. To better prepare students for such career challenges, the Office of Student Affairs launches a specially designed "Lingnanian Executive Mentoring Programme" (LEMP)*.
The LEMP mentors will share with mentees their life experience and success stories in academic study and career building. In particular, the mentors will provide updated job market information and professional advice on job hunting to mentees. The mentoring process is throughout mentees' final / penultimate year of study.
*Previously known as Lingnanian Career Mentoring Programme (LCMP).
- Enable students to develop an understanding of the work world and familiarize them with necessary job-related and life skills for specific career fields/professions
- Facilitate students' career planning and preparation at university stage
- Build up students’ confidence in job seeking
- Enhance students’ leadership and management skills for future workplace
- Enable students to have chances of internship exposure
- Strengthen the "bond" of Lingnanians
Who are the Mentors?
- They are Lingnan alumni / Council / Court Members who ......
- have at least five years' working experience
- have distinguished achievement in their careers
- have high sense of belonging to Lingnan University
- are willing to devote their time and efforts to guiding mentees
- are able to give career advice to mentees
- come from different career fields including:
|- Accounting / Audit||- Logistics|
|- Administration / Management||- Digital Marketing / Marketing / Sales|
|- Advertising / Promotion||- Mass Media (TV/Broadcasting/Journalism)|
|- Banking & Finance||- Public Relations / Event Management|
|- Entrepreneurship||- Property Management|
|- Human Resources||- Social Services / NGOs|
|- Investment / Fund Management||- Education / Teaching|
For the past years, our LEMP mentors were from various career fields and reputable companies / organizations / Hong Kong listed companies, like HSBC, Hang Seng Bank, Bank of China, Bank of East Asia, Nomura International (HK) Ltd., Big Four CPA Firms, The Dairy Farm Co. Ltd., L'Oréal, Hopewell Holdings, Cheung Kong (Holdings) Ltd., Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, 4As Advertising Firm, Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide, Hong Kong Economic Times, Ming Pao, RTHK, Hong Kong Tourism Board, Hong Kong Jockey Club, Orbis, St. James’ Settlement, NGOs, government departments, etc.
Who can be LEMP Mentees in 2022-23?
To join LEMP as mentee, student must be a Year 2 or Year 3 undergraduate / postgraduate who will enter the final / penultimate year of study in academic year 2020-21. (i.e. graduate in 2023 or 2024)
Successful LEMP mentees are:
- eager to plan and prepare for your career
- willing to actively and regularly contact your mentor
- highly motivated to seek advice from your mentor
- committed to participate in and organize LEMP activities
- active in extra-curricular activities
- good language skills in both written and spoken English & Chinese (including Putonghua)
Distribution of LEMP Mentees 2021-22
Distribution of LEMP Mentees 2020-21
Activities of LEMP
LEMP mentees are required to participate in all of the following career-related activities throughout the mentoring period from September to August of next year. Details of these activities will be announced in due course by email, mentees please pay attention to the email notice and follow the guidelines for registration.
You are welcome to visit our photo album to know more about our previous LEMP events:
Opening Ceremony 2019-20 NEW !
Lingather Programme 2019:Alumni Career Advising Night
One-day Career Visit to Greater Bay Area
Christmas Gathering 2018-19
For more details about the LEMP 2020-21 activities and application procedure, please refer to the Information Sheet LEMP 2022-23
Complete and submit the following documents in the Online Application Form on or before 7 April 2022 (17:00). Incomplete application will not be processed!
- Recent Photo (in Business Attire) - insert on top right corner on CV
Banking & Finance Mentorship Programme
- Enable students to have a better understanding of the banking & finance field to facilitate their career planning and preparation for job hunting
- Enhance their competitive edge via professional advice/guidance from financial experts
Mr. Benny Chung
- Co-Chief Executive Officer, China Tonghai Capital Limited;
- Advisory Board member of LU MSc in Finance;
- Over 20 years of investment banking experience, having worked with Bank of America Merrill Lynch, HSBC and Rothschild;
- Over 2 years of audit experience with Coopers & Lybrand
Duration & Period:
Academic Year 2021/22 together with summer time for internships (if any)
Who are the mentees?
- All Lingnan students who are interested in the Banking & Finance Industry
20 students (max.)
Distribution of BFMP Mentees 2021-22
For enquiries, you are welcome to contact us:
|Mr. Albert Suen
|Mr. Edwin Fok
|Ms. Eliza Chan
(Last update on April 2022)