Computers are a University resource and their use is subject to the regulations of the University.
- Computer Services are provided by the Information Technology Services Centre to all members of the University on the understanding that they are used only for University courses and University approved or related works projects.
- On joining the University, all members whose function requires them to have access to computer facilities will normally be registered as users. User account and its corresponding password must be kept confidential.
- All users are expected to use computing facilities in a productive and efficient manner commensurate with the University's interests. ITSC reserves the right to make inspection of user's ID in any computer labs and premises.
- Only those software products available from the Centre will be supported by the Centre. Users are reminded that the software in Information Technology Services Centre are proprietary products with copyrights and should not be copied in any form. Users should take care to prevent overwriting or damaging of the software provided.
- Users shall not copy in any form the software provided, without the specific written approval of the Director of Information Technology Services Centre. Users should note that they are fully responsible for all licensing requirements for software products that they may have brought along themselves to use.
- Users shall be responsible for the care and use of the Centre's equipment and may be liable for the cost of repair of any damage to the equipment caused by negligence or failure to follow the proper operating procedures on their part. Users are also responsible for replacement at cost of loss or damage to any media or documentation on loan from the Centre. Theft is a serious criminal offence and such act will be reported to the Police.
- The computing facilities may not be used for private purposes, including private consultancy, without the written permission of the President of the University. Upon obtaining such permission, the user will be personally responsible for reimbursing the University by a specified date, at a rate to be determined by the University.
- Users must leave the computer labs immediately at the closing time or at any other time when instructed to do so by ITSC Staff.
- Users must not smoke, eat or drink or play any form of game in the labs. The labs are not for social gatherings.
- Any user who violates any of the Information Technology Services Centre rules may be requested to leave the ITSC / computer labs immediately by any ITSC staff and may be denied further access pending consultation with his/her Department Head.
- The Director of the Information Technology Services Centre may temporarily exclude from the services of the Centre any person who acts in a way that may interfere with the convenience of other users or with the work of the Centre. The exclusion will be reported to the appropriate Academic Dean and Head of Department, and the exclusion will not be lifted without the written permission of the Academic Dean and Department Head concerned.