User Account Services
The account consists of a pair of username and password, which can be used to access various IT services, such as myLingnan Portal, WebMail, Moodle, computer login, wireless network, etc.
Types of Accounts:
Staff and Student Accounts
For new STAFF and STUDENTS, they will receive "Computer Account Activation" slips with their usernames and email addresses listed. They need to activate their accounts via the Account and Password Management System.
For detailed instructions on how to activate an new account, please refer to the User Guide for Account Activation.
Other Types of Accounts
Other than the above personal accounts, you can also request to create different kinds of accounts for special purposes, such as:
- departmental accounts for sending/receiving departmental emails
- project accounts for handling emails relating to the projects
- guest WiFi for temporary uses
- web accounts for creating department/project web pages
Please submit Service Requests in ITSC Helpdesk to create these accounts.
- New Account Creation (Staff Only)
- Staff Account Retention for Staff with a Connecting Contract (Staff Only)
- Deletion of Department or Project Account (Staff Only)
- Activation Reset for Staff/Departmental/Project/Contractor Account (Staff Only)
- Add/Remove Delegates for Collection of Computer Account Slip (Staff Only)
- Departmental/Project/Contractor Account Renewal or Administrator/Custodian Update
- Extension of Student IT Services (Registry Only)
- Retrieve alumni username or account reset
- Application of Email Address for Retired Staff