Microsoft Azure Information Protection (AIP)
The Microsoft Azure Information Protection (AIP) installed on all Staff PC aims at assisting University staff to identify and label the sensitivity classification of emails and document files.
According to the University labelling system as described in section 3.5 of the Information Security (IS) Policy, users are required to classify the sensitivity of data assets into "Public", "Restricted", "Confidential" and "Highly Confidential". The Microsoft AIP allows users to label emails and document files with classification as specified in the IS policy.
To minimize the workload, a default label “Restricted” will be applied to e-mails and documents if a classification label is not selected. Users can change the classification of the e-mail or document by selecting other classification labels.
- E-mails from Microsoft Outlook Client
- Microsoft Office Documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Adobe Portable Document Format: .pdf
- Microsoft Project: .mpp, .mpt
- Microsoft Publisher: .pub
- Microsoft XPS: .xps, .oxps
- Images: .jpg, .jpe, .jif, .jfif, .jfi, .png, .tif, .tiff
- Autodesk Design Review 2013: .dwfx
- Adobe Photoshop: .psd
- Digital Negative: .dng