Learning and Teaching Services
Online Teaching and Video Conferencing - Zoom
Zoom is an easy-to-use video conferencing and online real-time teaching solution which supports communication between various platforms, including but not limited to mobile devices, desktops, and telephones. Up to 300 participants could join the meeting / online class without any time limit. Lingnan University has subscribed the service that is available at https://lingnan.zoom.us. This service is accessible in Hong Kong, Mainland China and other overseas countries.
Zoom has been widely used for online teaching as its rich features can facilitate teacher-student and student-student interactions.
Online Teaching Features:
- Screen Sharing
- Video and Audio Sharing
- Class Recording
- Chat (Public or Private)
- Group Discussion with Breakout Rooms
- Real-time Polling
- Raise-hand from Participants
Please refer to the user guides and related articles below for the video tutorials for holding the online classes.
The service is only for University related activities such as online teaching and learning, official meetings and business use.
How to Apply?
Staff and students with a valid Lingnan username can access to Zoom without prior registration required.
How to Access?
For desktop computers
Access to the following URL, click "Sign in" and login with your Lingnan username and password:
For mobile devices
Download the mobile client for your device platform
- Using Zoom for a Meeting and an Online Class
- How to Join a Zoom Meeting and an Online Class
- Creating, Starting a Meeting and an Online Class using Zoom Client (Last updated on 08-Jan-2021)
- Managing Registrations in Zoom (Last updated on 30-Aug-2021)
- Note for Students Approved for Joining Classes on Zoom (Last updated on 30-Aug-2021)
- Automatic Video Recording to Panopto Using Zoom Meeting (Last updated on 30-Aug-2021)
- Using Zoom Client to Control a Meeting and an Online Class (Last updated on 08-Jan-2021)
- Advanced Host Operations
- Setting Up Recording for Your Zoom Meetings
- Create a Zoom Online Class in Moodle (Last updated on 08-Jan-2021)
- Generating Zoom Reports
- Training Session Video - Cantonese (Login Required)
- Training Session Video - English (Login Required)
- Training Video - Online Teaching with Zoom (Login Required)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Zoom Security Features Update