Both indoor and outdoor sports facilities are provided on campus. Students can use the sports facilities by paying a nominal fee.
Air-conditioned indoor facilities
- The Jackie Chan Gymnasium (can be used in different configurations as 6 badminton courts, 2 volleyball courts, 1 basketball court or 1 handball court)
- 2 squash courts
- 2 table-tennis rooms
- Mr. and Mrs. Lam Kau-yui Fitness Centre
- 3 multi-purpose rooms
- Tin Ka Ping Swimming Pool
- 3 tennis courts
- Multi-purpose Outdoor Sports Ground which include an outdoor artificial turf soccer field and a 6-lane athletic track, field facilities for shot-put, discus, long and triple jump
Booking Procedures for Sports Facilities
- Courses and University-wide activities including examinationas, Information Day, etc. which are organized by the University shall have the priority in venue reservation.
- Sports facilities will be released for booking by other users at full fee if not being taken up by the original booking voucher bearer within the first 15 minutes of the reserved timeslot. Such forfeited bookings shall be non-refundable.
- Users may enter the Indoor Sports Complex 15 minutes before the reserved timeslot for clothes changing and warm-up exercises.
Advance Booking by Groups
For application for the use of sports facilities for group training and competition purpose, the staff or registered student groups shall submit the duly completed application form together with the plan of venue setting and provision of equipment to the Office of Student Affairs (for student group) 3 months in advance. Confirmation will be made upon the settlement of booking charges within the designated period of time.
Casual Booking by Individuals
- Casual bookings can be made 1 week in advance at the Service Counter of the Indoor Sports Complex during opening hours.
- Booking of vacant facilities of any categories on the day of use can be made at the Indoor Sports Complex Service Counter.
- Booking of sports facilities is on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Bookings must be made in person and users must present their valid student/staff cards for verification of eligibility.
- A booking voucher will be issued upon payment of the appropriate fee. Fees paid are non-refundable. Booking made shall not be re-scheduled unless due to adverse weather at the commencement of the booking period till the first half of each booking period. When using the facilities, users must present the vouchers and the corresponding identification for checking and verification.
- A user may only make 1 advance booking per day for any one type of facility.
For the detailed information of sports facilities booking, please click here.