Skip to Main Content

Dear Students and Colleagues,

The memorial service for Mr. Jiang Zemin, the late President of the People's Republic of China, will be held in the Great Hall of the People in Beijing at 10am on Tuesday, 6 December 2022.

Across the country from 10:00 to 10:03am people will observe a three-minute silence as a respectful tribute to President Jiang.

The University will live broadcast the memorial service at Kin Sun Square (Skylight). Students and staff of Lingnan University are requested to observe these three minutes of silence and, in line with Chinese customs, are strongly encouraged to refrain from wearing colourful clothes and holding entertainment activities on that same day. Thank you.

For relevant arrangement by HKSAR Government, please refers to:

Best Regards,
Office of Institutional Advancement and Public Affairs

Liberal Arts Education Transformation For Life Emerald Publishing
Start main Content

Cross-Cultural Integration

Hong Kong Identity Card

Application for a Hong Kong Identity Card


Sample of Hong Kong ID Card

Sample image from the website of Immigration Department

It is a legal requirement that residents need to carry their valid identification at all times. All non-local students permitted to stay in Hong Kong for more than 180 days must apply for a Hong Kong ID Card in person at the Immigration Department within 30 days after their arrival. There is no application fee. The processing time for an identity card application is usually 7 working days.



Application steps:

1. For students aged 18 or above

2. For students aged below 18 (for students aged below 18, parent must sign on the application form)


Supporting documents:

Valid travel document(s) such as passport/ 中華人民共和國往來港澳通行證


Students may go to the nearest Registration of Persons Office in Yuen Long to submit the application and supporting documents and collect the Hong Kong ID Card.



Registration of Persons – Yuen Long Office

1/F, Yuen Long Government Offices, 2 Kiu Lok Square, Yuen Long

(MTR Long Ping Station - Exit E) 

Light Rail Hong Lok Road Station)

Location Map

9:00am - 12:45pm & 2:00pm - 4:30pm (Mon - Fri)
9:00am - 12:30pm (Sat)
Closed on Sundays and public holiday

Tel: 2475 4145

Address and opening hours of Registration of Persons Offices


Loss of Hong Kong Identity Card

If students lose their Hong Kong ID Card, they should report to the police immediately and apply for a replacement at the Registration of Persons Offices of Immigration Department within 14 days. A fee is charged for replacement of a Hong Kong ID Card due to loss or damage.


Detailed information of applying the Hong Kong ID Card

Hotline of the Immigration Department: (852) 2824 6111