Language Learning and Cultural Exchange Opportunities
1) Student-initiated Multi-Cultural and Multi-Lingual Enhancement Programmes Campus Fund (MMCF)
The Student-initiated Multi-Cultural and Multi-Lingual Enhancement Programmes Campus Fund (MMCF) is a funding scheme which adopts a bottom-up approach with an aim to facilitate students in organising programmes for language learning and cultural exchange. Students can apply for MMCF for subsidizing any activities with the objective(s) of language learning and/or cultural exchange such as, but not limited to, global cinema followed by discussion, introduction to cuisines of different countries, world classics reading club, attending cultural and art appreciation programmes and conducting field trips to historic sites in Hong Kong for cultural appreciation etc.
Do find out more about MMCF at https://www.ln.edu.hk/osa/l2ei/mmcf
2) Language Learning Opportunities provided by the Centre for English and Additional Languages (CEAL)
Supported by the Centre for English and Additional Languages (CEAL)
1) English Language Support Services (ELSS)
Lingnan’s ELSS provides English language support for academic study and organizes a wide range of social activities for students to practice English and meet people from other cultures in a relaxed and informal environment. ELSS has a dedicated website including information on the latest activities and events, a variety of English language resources for self-study, and an online booking system for private tutorials.
2) Visiting English Tutors
Our full-time Visiting English Tutors (VETs) are available daily for drop-in consultations at the Drop-in Centre (LBY 202) or through Zoom.
- One-on-one IELTS workshops covering writing, speaking, listening and reading scheduled at convenient times throughout the week
- Small-group academic writing workshops on a range of topics: i.e. Argumentative vs. opinion writing, visual analysis, writing coherent paragraphs, citation and paraphrasing skills
- One-on-one consultation on written assignments (i.e. essays, reports, literature reviews, etc.) and professional documents (i.e. resumes, personal statements, etc.).
- One-on one or small-group workshops training academic speaking (i.e. presentations, seminar discussions, interviews, etc.)
- All these activities can be booked through the ELSS website
Social Activities and Specialty Events
- Movie nights
- Book Club
- Hostel Activities (Scavenger hunts, quizzes, etc.)
- Lunch and Tea with the VETs
- Sightseeing tours
English Language Support Service
LBY202, 2/F, B.Y. Lam Building
Tel: 2616 7984
3) Additional Languages
CEAL offers beginner and intermediate-level courses, both credit and non-credit bearing, in the following languages: French, Spanish, Korean and Japanese. For further information, please email addlang@LN.edu.hk
3) Language Learning Opportunities provided by the Chinese Language Education and Assessment Centre (CLEAC)
Distinguished for the academic excellence of its staff and the high standards of teaching, the CLEAC offers highly popular extra-curricular activities covering Putonghua, Cantonese, Hong Kong Culture, Performing Art, Chinese Language & Literature and Cultural Communication. Located in Hong Kong, Asia's Global City, our Centre can support students in self-enrichment, network building, and integration into Hong Kong community. For details, please visit https://ln.edu.hk/cleac/LLEI.php